January 28, 20197 yr Popular Post comment_175995 22 hours ago, Artie said: I made the first 3 out of Poplar. Why learn on Cherry? See? You're learning already! And by the time you get half the crosses done, you'll be a PRO! John Report
January 28, 20197 yr comment_176067 5 hours ago, DuckSoup said: Looking good Artie. +1, ditto, same here... Edited January 28, 20197 yr by Gene Howe Report
January 31, 20197 yr Author comment_176413 Got 4 more pieces of Cherry and have 8 more Crosses glued up. The more I use the Shopsmith, the more I’m liking it. I am getting lots of requests for a Cross from people that have seen them. I’m kinda still trying to wrap my head around the idea the Mr Shopsmith and myself can make something people want. ( more doubt on my part of the collusion, than Mr Shopsmith’s LOL). Sunday is MINE. Nothing to do but work on the Crosses, and around 6:30 pay attention to that game everyone heah is talking about I took Monday off, so there should be shop time then, also. Report
January 31, 20197 yr comment_176416 7 minutes ago, Artie said: around 6:30 pay attention to that game everyone heah is talking about There's a game Sunday? I must have dozed off. Report
February 11, 20197 yr Author Popular Post comment_178104 Well I started the inscriptions on the Crosses today. One positive is I think I figgered which scroll saw blade kinda goes where I want it to, the most often. I am finding the Flying Dutchman Ultra reverse #5 is it. Just ordered a gross of them. Might just be proof of how well my mind doesn’t work, but just one size up, and down, seemed to be much worse in my ham handed fists Also MAJOR KUDOS to Smallpatch. Using the printer, and rapid resizer was nice, but the RED ink made following the line, MUCH easier for me. Report
February 13, 20197 yr comment_178337 Man, I wish I could get organized like that. My shop is "personally organized", but that don't keep the wife happy. Report
February 13, 20197 yr Author Popular Post comment_178342 I took Geralds advice (It took a while to get the smiley faces, I got a roll of them, so I can make mistakes willy-nilly, now LOL). Report
February 13, 20197 yr Author comment_178343 1 hour ago, Thad said: Man, I wish I could get organized like that. My shop is "personally organized", but that don't keep the wife happy. Iff’n it’s my shop you’re referring to, if I don’t keep it clean enough for the Missus to walk through, carrying the laundry hamper, then I’m a gonna have some new chores (that I don’t want). I took Friday off, so I’m hoping to complete the making of the Crosses (ie inscriptions, routed edges), then it’s on to see if I can do them justice with the finishing. Report
February 13, 20197 yr Popular Post comment_178351 2 hours ago, Thad said: Man, I wish I could get organized like that. My shop is "personally organized", but that don't keep the wife happy. She would go nuclear with mine then. Report
February 14, 20197 yr Popular Post comment_178361 24 minutes ago, Woodbutcherbynight said: She would go nuclear with mine then. She's a nurse and a mom so the whole "neat and tidy" thing kinda spills over Report
February 14, 20197 yr Popular Post comment_178363 1 hour ago, Artie said: Iff’n it’s my shop you’re referring to, if I don’t keep it clean enough for the Missus to walk through, carrying the laundry hamper, then I’m a gonna have some new chores (that I don’t want). I took Friday off, so I’m hoping to complete the making of the Crosses (ie inscriptions, routed edges), then it’s on to see if I can do them justice with the finishing. So true. "Hell hath no fury like a woman who sees her husband drop his clothes on the floor" Edited February 14, 20197 yr by Thad Spelling Report
February 14, 20197 yr Popular Post comment_178376 2 hours ago, Artie said: I got a roll of them, that'll save a lot of trips... Report
February 18, 20197 yr Author Popular Post comment_179010 So I have 24 Crosses assembled, some of my scroll sawing and lap joints coulda been better. Got some more wood on order, cause I have had 28 requests for Crosses. While routing the edges today, on one of the End grains the piece got pulled hard and a big chunk came out. Dunno what happened, didn’t think I did anything different than on the other 23 (which went remarkably as expected). Anywho gotta assemble maybe 5 more cause I’m not sure if I can save the other Cross, and still have to look good enough to give as a gift, and then some sanding and finishing. Want them all delivered by Easter. Now cause we like pictures, it’s Crosses on the couch day! Report
February 19, 20197 yr comment_179014 those came out well... nice work... are you starting a Cemetery??? Report
February 19, 20197 yr Author Popular Post comment_179019 I started by making 8, then more people wanted some, I made another 8, more people said “hey, can I have one?” I made 8 more (where I’m at now). 4 more requests, I ordered enough Cherry to make 6 more, think I’m moving on after the 6, and trying to finish them all Report
February 19, 20197 yr Popular Post comment_179037 4 hours ago, Stick486 said: are you starting a Cemetery??? no he is getting his BLING together. Report
February 19, 20197 yr comment_179065 Nice work Artie, please post up another pic after you have applied finish and call them done. Report
February 19, 20197 yr comment_179069 Beautiful work Artie. Very impressive scrolling detail too. I certainly can see why the requests keep coming at you. Very happy you shared with us. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.