May 7, 20188 yr comment_148673 A good number of Mr. Nakashima's work is in private hands. Only a very select few own a Patriot Wood Worker original. It's all relative. Report
May 7, 20188 yr Author comment_148674 1 minute ago, Gene Howe said: A good number of Mr. Nakashima's work is in private hands. Only a very select few own a Patriot Wood Worker original. It's all relative. Flattery will get you everywhere Gene! Have we discussed a raise lately? Report
May 7, 20188 yr comment_148675 7 minutes ago, Gene Howe said: A good number of Mr. Nakashima's work is in private hands. Only a very select few own a Patriot Wood Worker original. It's all relative. Mr. Nakashima's works are legendary. His story a picture of a true craftsman who loved his craft. With that said, I would gladly proclaim my pride in owning a Patriot Wood Worker original. Wait! I already do, it was a gift, and it is sitting on the desk in front of me and I write with it on an almost daily basis and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Edited May 7, 20188 yr by schnewj Report
May 7, 20188 yr comment_148679 23 minutes ago, John Morris said: Flattery will get you everywhere Gene! Have we discussed a raise lately? As a matter of fact....no. I just figured that generous bonus was it for this year. 20 minutes ago, schnewj said: Mr. Nakashima's works are legendary. His story a picture of a true craftsman who loved his craft. With that said, I would gladly proclaim my pride in owning a Patriot Wood Worker original. Wait! I already do, it was a gift, and it is sitting on the desk in front of me and I write with it on an almost daily basis and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Phyl and I have a few, also. All occupy places of honor in our house and the shop. Our kids own a lot more, though. Report
May 7, 20188 yr comment_148687 4 hours ago, schnewj said: I would gladly proclaim my pride in owning a Patriot Wood Worker original. Wait! I already do, it was a gift, and it is sitting on the desk in front of me and I write with it on an almost daily basis and I wouldn't trade it for the world. ditto... Report
May 7, 20188 yr comment_148688 17 minutes ago, Stick486 said: ditto... ditto +1...except I don't use it daily; too prized of a possession....was totally humbled to receive it. "Born In Date" of 2015 makes it even more special...this WILL NOT be in the Estate Sale but passed down to oldest grandson with the story. 5 hours ago, schnewj said: I already do, it was a gift, and it is sitting on the desk in front of me and I write with it on an almost daily basis and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Report
May 7, 20188 yr comment_148689 5 hours ago, Gene Howe said: Only a very select few own a Patriot Wood Worker original. It's all relative. So we are ALL related then...that clears some thing up Report
May 7, 20188 yr comment_148697 1 hour ago, Grandpadave52 said: this WILL NOT be in the Estate Sale but passed down to oldest grandson with the story. if you can keep it from being stolen... that was attempted a couple of times... Report
May 7, 20188 yr comment_148702 35 minutes ago, Stick486 said: if you can keep it from being stolen... that was attempted a couple of times... Paint their hands florescent orange (like the squirrel's tails) so you can see them coming in advance... Keep Milo between them and the item... Report
May 7, 20188 yr comment_148704 2 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said: So we are ALL related then...that clears some thing up Rut-roh! The world may not be safe... Report
May 7, 20188 yr comment_148705 23 hours ago, Stick486 said: that is one seriously ugly clock... meant to say fugly... Report
May 7, 20188 yr comment_148706 1 hour ago, Grandpadave52 said: Paint their hands florescent orange (like the squirrel's tails) so you can see them coming in advance... Keep Milo between them and the item... Milo would probably help them... Report
May 8, 20188 yr comment_148742 6 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said: Paint their hands florescent orange (like the squirrel's tails) so you can see them coming in advance... make pain and suffering their new careers... Report
May 8, 20188 yr comment_148746 5 hours ago, Stick486 said: Milo would probably help them... Bad dog...bad dog Milo! Report
May 8, 20188 yr comment_148768 I'm confused. What are the TPW gifts everyone is talking about? Report
May 8, 20188 yr comment_148769 26 minutes ago, PostalTom said: I'm confused. What are the TPW gifts everyone is talking about? Isn't TPW a gift in itself? This is a great place with great people. I read it everyday, I post to it almost everyday, and I get a laugh at least once a day, but usually more. To me, TPW is a gift. Report
May 8, 20188 yr comment_148782 2 hours ago, schnewj said: Isn't TPW a gift in itself? This is a great place with great people. I read it everyday, I post to it almost everyday, and I get a laugh at least once a day, but usually more. To me, TPW is a gift. I couldn't agree more, Bill! And they DO say that laughter is the best medicine. Heck, I've gotten off three medications since I joined up! John Report
May 8, 20188 yr comment_148783 A round robin Box/bowl? Other project? Exchange among the group, might be fun. Report
May 8, 20188 yr comment_148784 1 minute ago, HARO50 said: I've gotten off three medications since I joined up! so that's why... Report
May 8, 20188 yr comment_148787 23 minutes ago, Gene Howe said: A round robin Box/bowl? Other project? Exchange among the group, might be fun. I'd be up for it. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.