Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

An ability to poll the membership on a variety of subjects would be a plus. As an example if I was looking to buy a band saw I could poll the membership to see what is the most popular model, pros/cons of a model, or any of a dozen other things to help me choose. How about best lathe, turning tools, how-to articles, information of interests...lots of things.

Gene I remember around 1955 the furniture store I worked at had a very large wood sample kit for their customers to choose from...Constantine was the name..After I got out of the army in 1960 I ordered one . Seems like it had 50 samples but the furniture store had one with maybe 100 samples..

I just now googled them and they still have samples to sell.. These are good for a person moving up in the world to learn what a person sleeps on and rocks on and so on...

I decided back then I could not afford the exotic stuff so a little stain would be the way I would go..

23 minutes ago, Smallpatch said:

Gene I remember around 1955 the furniture store I worked at had a very large wood sample kit for their customers to choose from...Constantine was the name..After I got out of the army in 1960 I ordered one . Seems like it had 50 samples but the furniture store had one with maybe 100 samples..

I just now googled them and they still have samples to sell.. These are good for a person moving up in the world to learn what a person sleeps on and rocks on and so on...

I decided back then I could not afford the exotic stuff so a little stain would be the way I would go..

Long time ago...a few moves ago...I had one of those Constantine samples. Like you, I just used stains. 

I was thinking of swapping samples of local woods not normally found in a hardwood store or lumber yard. Mesquite comes to mind. As does Salt Cedar or Tamarack and Pistachio, as well as olive wood and sage.