July 28, 20179 yr comment_118514 That's some work to be proud of, Lissa. Impressive for someone who claims to be a novice. You obviously have the basics down... Report
July 28, 20179 yr comment_118518 i can assure you that the first cabinet i made was good, but not as good as the last one i made. you learn as you go. what works, what doesn't. keep at it. Report
July 31, 20179 yr comment_118766 On 7/28/2017 at 4:28 PM, Grandpadave52 said: Lissa, I'm sure @Nickp will give provide clarity, but in this instance I assume he meant secure to the wall to prevent tilting, distorting, or twisting particularly after it was loaded; assume it is not a free standing cabinet especially based on the width, depth and height? Narrow width/depth, tall cabinets have a tendency to distort depending on the type of wood used, humidity level of environment and load levels. Just my $.02 but I'll let Nick answer specifically. Good question and great that you asked. We're all here to help each other and learn together! Yes, thank you, Dave... @Lissa Hall As I looked at your first picture, although not very high resolution by the time it gets to my screen, I noticed that you have the slide on the top surface. This made me wonder of the effects of it being pulled and pushed in and out of it's cabinet. I imagined the pressure on the top or bottom of the door, and the occasional push with the foot, and thought that the original rectangular shape might eventually become more diagonal (loose joints, etc). I also wondered how it stayed centered with the one slide on top. So I eventually surmised that the picture did not actually show all the detail. The other reason for my question is my wanting to do the exact same thing to what is now my refuse compartment. I'd like to add some shelves and the pull-out design you have fits the bill perfectly. Figured I shouldn't reinvent the wheel... ...that's my story and I'm sticking to it... Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.