July 27, 20179 yr Popular Post comment_118398 Edited December 5, 20178 yr by Ron Dudelston tags added Report
July 27, 20179 yr comment_118400 Awesome work, Lissa!! I really love that "utensil" drawer. It really helps clear off the counter top! Great detail around the perimeters of the doors/drawers! Report
July 27, 20179 yr comment_118403 APPLAUSE! Nicely done! Edited July 27, 20179 yr by Fred W. Hargis Jr Report
July 27, 20179 yr comment_118409 Very nice. I like the slide outs. That one along the wall makes good use of the tight space. The one with utensils is clever, too. And what's that pig-sticker doing in the silverware drawer? Report
July 27, 20179 yr comment_118411 very clever use of space. can never have too much storage or organization in a kitchen. our kitchen, which i designed and built a few years ago, only has 44 drawers. :faint: that's a lot of drawers to make and fit with glides. Report
July 27, 20179 yr Author comment_118412 thanks, everyone! the old cabinets we only had one drawer in the entire kitchen. we had to redo them because the floor went bad and the old cabinets were just plywood slapped together. like the top cabinet even go over the window so if you want to replace window we could not do it without taking them out as well. I have learned that cabinets are not my favorite thing to make... lol Report
July 27, 20179 yr comment_118420 Like the rope detail. You train your golden to open the drawers and retrieve stuff for you? Report
July 28, 20179 yr comment_118445 Great job...what did you do to keep the one against the wall from racking...? Report
July 28, 20179 yr comment_118466 Alright Lissa! It's all looks great, I love the tin work too! So, how'd ya feel after this major accomplishment? Report
July 28, 20179 yr comment_118479 Great execution Lissa. I too like the added tin work touch on the upper wall unit. Great design on all of your slider units too! Thanks for sharing with us! What's next? Report
July 28, 20179 yr Author comment_118507 I am not sure what racking means...????...sorry novice here. also, the rope or bead is just molding I bought from Lowes. Edited July 28, 20179 yr by Lissa Hall Report
July 28, 20179 yr comment_118509 Racking is a tendency to twist out of rectangular shape or lean to one side. Report
July 28, 20179 yr comment_118510 6 minutes ago, Lissa Hall said: I am not sure what racking means...??? Lissa, I'm sure @Nickp will give provide clarity, but in this instance I assume he meant secure to the wall to prevent tilting, distorting, or twisting particularly after it was loaded; assume it is not a free standing cabinet especially based on the width, depth and height? Narrow width/depth, tall cabinets have a tendency to distort depending on the type of wood used, humidity level of environment and load levels. Just my $.02 but I'll let Nick answer specifically. Good question and great that you asked. We're all here to help each other and learn together! Report
July 28, 20179 yr Author comment_118511 no, it is screwed into studs that luckily lined up perfectly... Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.