March 28, 20179 yr comment_104058 25 minutes ago, Gene Howe said: Aha. I see, now. ...said the blind man who picked up the hammer and saw Report
March 28, 20179 yr comment_104070 The DC inlet "cross bars" (mine has it, too) prevent big things from hitting the impeller, but the downside is occasional blockage. A paper towel will defeat mine; also, planer shavings tend to curl around the crossbars and quickly jam the inlet. An inlet separator would avoid that, and is handy if you find yourself emptying the bags very often. For me the downside to a sep is floor space, and I am not a power user (empty the bag every couple/three months). I got a dustpan on a stick thing that cleans the big hunks just fine. For me, the DC is purposed to the very fine dust that we don't really want to breathe. I'm ok on a broom for the rest. The DC bag collects a dust finer than flour; glad to see it in the bag. Report
March 28, 20179 yr comment_104116 3 hours ago, PeteM said: The DC inlet "cross bars" (mine has it, too) prevent big things from hitting the impeller, but the downside is occasional blockage. A paper towel will defeat mine; also, planer shavings tend to curl around the crossbars and quickly jam the inlet. An inlet separator would avoid that, and is handy if you find yourself emptying the bags very often. For me the downside to a sep is floor space, and I am not a power user (empty the bag every couple/three months). I got a dustpan on a stick thing that cleans the big hunks just fine. For me, the DC is purposed to the very fine dust that we don't really want to breathe. I'm ok on a broom for the rest. The DC bag collects a dust finer than flour; glad to see it in the bag. My DC with "cross bars" has not jambed in over 15 years, but about 10 years ago I built a drop box which catches the large stuff before air goes up to the attic thru impeller and to canister. Report
November 2, 20196 yr comment_207294 Cast blades scare me. I think they should be made out of malleable steel. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.