Delta 700 Scroll Saw Restoration, and Upgrade

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...

@Glenn Halfpap...First, Welcome to The Patriot Woodworker. Great to have you here and glad you found us.

What an awesome original saw you have. Obviously VERY well taken care of over the years and cool you continue to use it. Our forum host, @Larry Buskirk will "drool" over one in such pristine condition. The work light caught my eye. I'm sure it was an OEM option and likely very rare in the "wild" today. Thanks for sharing here.

Any questions you may have about the saw, no doubt Larry will be able to help. Extremely knowledgeable about vintage Delta tools.

Looking forward to your participation here and seeing some of your projects. We love pictures here.

3 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

@Glenn Halfpap...First, Welcome to The Patriot Woodworker. Great to have you here and glad you found us.

What an awesome original saw you have. Obviously VERY well taken care of over the years and cool you continue to use it. Our forum host, @Larry Buskirk will "drool" over one in such pristine condition. The work light caught my eye. I'm sure it was an OEM option and likely very rare in the "wild" today. Thanks for sharing here.

Any questions you may have about the saw, no doubt Larry will be able to help. Extremely knowledgeable about vintage Delta tools.

Looking forward to your participation here and seeing some of your projects. We love pictures here.

Glad to contribute! I've got a couple other little gems I'll save for a later date...Table saw / joiner combo.

Grandpa's tools are much cherished at this point and wish my dad and grandpa could share their knowledge today. Both are gone but not forgotten.

7 minutes ago, Glenn Halfpap said:

Glad to contribute! I've got a couple other little gems I'll save for a later date...Table saw / joiner combo.

OK now you're just teasing us and especially @Larry Buskirk...he will have to wear a bucket under his chin for those.:ROFL:

9 minutes ago, Glenn Halfpap said:

Grandpa's tools are much cherished at this point and wish my dad and grandpa could share their knowledge today. Both are gone but not forgotten.

Know what you mean about the tools. I have an old Atlas, floor model drill press sitting in the corner for years now that needs redone. It belonged to my grandpa, then my dad....both grandpas were gone when I was pretty young...dad taught me alot...he wasn't really a WW'er but an accomplished mechanic, carpenter, DIY'er and farmer.

11 hours ago, Michael Thuman said:

That restore is awesome, I can only think of one more item you should buy a belt guard or shroud.

Thanks Michael,

I'll be running the machine on a line-shaft setup along with a drill press, band saw, lathe, etc. , so belt guards would be kind of a pain when installing/removing the belts.