August 11, 20233 yr Popular Post comment_319133 Yep, it's Friday. Just got back from 'Three Weeks From Anywhere", feeling a bit of lag from going through the one week time warp twice in four days. It was a great visit for the wife and her sister whose birthday was yesterday. The Pilot ran like a top for the trip. I'll be getting back to the Larkin desk project tomorrow. What's on Your Weekend Agenda? Report
August 11, 20233 yr Popular Post comment_319136 what should have been a 1 hour task of replacing the cistern pump (submerged), ended up taking 7 hours, including one trip to a plumbing supply house to get a few parts after a broke the pipe. ugh. had to drain about 300 gallons out of the tank so i could see and work in it. after several breaks for food/water/sanity, got it all working. i'm pooped. i'll do laundry tomorrow. spilled a mess of blue pipe dope on my arm, it doesn't want to come off. ugh. Report
August 11, 20233 yr Popular Post comment_319137 Typically I have Fridays off, working a 10/40 schedule, but been working OT the last month trying to get a big ol project caught up at my work place. But hey, mama likes the extra money, do I get any? NO. But that's why we been able to live single income for the last 32 years raising three kids in our own home. She's great with the books. But as I type she's sitting in a comfy hair stylist chair getting her hair done and gossiping with her stylist. She's been a stay at home mama and wife since we been married, would I ever change a thing? Heck no. I make it, she spends it, all I ask is she be happy and if that's the case, I'm happy Oh ya, and a good meal now and then, ya, a good meal. Oh, and a hug and a kiss too, now and then. Oh wait, one more thing! Naw, I better not go there. We are happy and that's all that matters. Report
August 11, 20233 yr Popular Post comment_319138 I intend to as little as I can get away with....about have to...Pay Day isn't until NEXT Wednesday.... Report
August 12, 20233 yr Popular Post comment_319141 Been a busy day. Mrs. had me up and out early. She took today off and had "big" plans. Lots of windshield time, saw a camel in a field in Indiana of all places, visited an Amish store and some "towns" we've never been, but a good day to celebrate 50 years ago today. Report
August 12, 20233 yr comment_319142 Played a little on some small walnut friendship bowls until the “repaired” sander started throwing sparks again. I guess the misshapen armature was too far gone. Seemed OK until the sander got under a load and then started throwing sparks out of the air vents. Probably not the safest situation. Report
August 12, 20233 yr Popular Post comment_319143 7 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said: Been a busy day. Mrs. had me up and out early. She took today off and had "big" plans. Lots of windshield time, saw a camel in a field in Indiana of all places, visited an Amish store and some "towns" we've never been, but a good day to celebrate 50 years ago today. Congratulations! We just had #47 Report
August 12, 20233 yr Popular Post comment_319144 Congrats to you and the Mrs., Dave on your 50th anniversary. Sounds like you had a great day. dave Report
August 12, 20233 yr Popular Post comment_319145 Not doing a whole lot. Trying to kick start year number #93. Edited August 12, 20233 yr by Al B Report
August 12, 20233 yr comment_319146 1 hour ago, Grandpadave52 said: Been a busy day. Mrs. had me up and out early. She took today off and had "big" plans. Lots of windshield time, saw a camel in a field in Indiana of all places, visited an Amish store and some "towns" we've never been, but a good day to celebrate 50 years ago today. A beautiful couple Gramps! And Happy Anniversary!!!! Report
August 12, 20233 yr Popular Post comment_319147 @Grandpadave52, I just noticed, that bow tie is almost as wide as your shoulders! I love observing fashion back in the day, and you got ruffles! Report
August 12, 20233 yr Popular Post comment_319148 3 minutes ago, John Morris said: @Grandpadave52, I just noticed, that bow tie is almost as wide as your shoulders! I love observing fashion back in the day, and you got ruffles! My wife mentioned that tonight...not sure what fad drove that fashion back in 1973...probably cost an extra $5 on the tux rental...I reminded her, she was the one who selected all that. I'd been fine in a t-shirt and my jeans or overalls Report
August 12, 20233 yr Popular Post comment_319149 21 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said: I'd been fine in a t-shirt and my jeans or overalls Which is what I wore! Report
August 12, 20233 yr Popular Post comment_319150 @Grandpadave52 congratulations, we finished 53 back on DDay. Hey she picked the date. Wouldn’t change a thing, well maybe a few changes would have been good. finished turning some mushrooms and started doing dye work on them and some handles. Report
August 12, 20233 yr Popular Post comment_319151 Dave, I can't make out the ruffles but I sure as heck can see the bow tie! Regardless, happy anniversary....not many go the long with the later generations. Report
August 12, 20233 yr Popular Post comment_319154 Congrats, Dave. Yesterday we got some culture and visited a traveling Van Gogh exhibit. Mostly digital. Very well presented. Extremely interesting. Our first experience with VR head sets. That was a trip. Van Gogh killed himself at age 37. In his short life, he managed to pump out over 600 paintings. He was semi color blind. At least, he couldn't distinguish hues. That's why his paintings are so bright and bold. And, why he used so much blue and yellows. His best friend was Gaugin. After a falling out with him, Is when he cut he cut off his ear. The man wasn't entirely sane. After that 3 hour experience, we had lunch at a Thai place. Wasn't impressed. Another epicurian establishment we can cross off our list. Should gone to Red Lobster, just 3 doors down. Heck, even Micky Ds wouldda been better. After that lunch we took in the movie Oppenheimer. A really good movie. It really illustrated how asinine our government was/is. We couldn't help comparing Van Gogh and Oppenheimer. Both conflicted souls. As the saying goes "Genius has it's limits. Stupidity knows no bounds". Never truer than in Oppenheimer's case. And, in this country. Van Gogh would have been institutionalized. Report
August 12, 20233 yr Popular Post comment_319155 9 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said: but a good day to celebrate 50 years ago today. Congratulations Dave & Mrs. Dave! I've a full weekend ahead. In no particular order: lawn mowing, pick up a couple auction finds, run errands, visit with our daughter while she's down for the day, mill a few bf of lumber for cabinet top edging, experiment with a few stains/dyes to try and color match, clean up the shop... nothing out of the ordinary I reckon Report
August 12, 20233 yr Popular Post comment_319156 9 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said: Congrats to you both! Probably the only day you got away with standing on her dress. 8 hours ago, Al B said: Not doing a whole lot. Trying to kick start year number #93. Add a little choke until you get warmed up. Happy belated Birthday. Report
August 12, 20233 yr Author comment_319165 13 hours ago, steven newman said: Pay Day isn't until NEXT Wednesday.... We know, you didn't need to remind us. Report
August 12, 20233 yr Author comment_319167 10 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said: 50 years ago today. Congrats Grandma, & Grandpa Dave. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.