Video Editing Software

Rate this topic

I use Movavi Video Editing Software.  I purchased my copy off of Steam sometimes steam does sales but Movavi Video Editor Plus 2020 Edition.  Its listed at roughly 60 dollars but its a worthy investment and stupid easy to use.  I usually purchase most software for my PC off steam because of the fact even if I uninstall the software all I have to do is go to my steam library and re download the software and it usually updates it for you.  But its not a bad price for the software.  Its not the most expensive but its not the cheapest and it works for me.  I can also directly upload my videos to Youtube from the software itself instead of having to download the file to my PC from the software and then re upload the file to youtube.  One step thing.   Here's the link.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1182920/Movavi_Video_Editor_Plus_2020/

I have several video editing packages. Some allow picture in picture projects. Before I retired, I had a complete video editing cabinet VCRs, DVRs, Chroma Key, Control boards, etc. 

Right now, I'm not having much luck synchronizing picture in picture video edits. Typically I strip off the sound from one of the video snippets so it makes finding the precise edit point on two different video sources with different time codes. Just wondering what method you use.

Basically for "Picture in Picture" You have to add in a second video track in order for it to work...  Then you have to take the second video that you've added into the main video no matter how long its been you have to RE SIZE that overlayed video.  So in a sense  it's not really picture in picture its just an over lay of the video that you are using with a second video.  If that makes sense.  For example this picture I took earlier....  I have two video tracks in there and two title tracks in there.   As well as a second sound track for music.  If you are using the same sound in both videos DELETE ONE OF THE SOUND TRACKS FROM EITHER VIDEO SO THAT ONLY ONE MAIN FOOTAGE SOUND IS THERE.  Other wise it will sound like trash.Capture.PNG.855deb575f3a9169a8f2415717562f7a.PNG

Edited by AndrewB

The secondary camera is probably not focusing in very well.  You have to make adjustments to it.   But from my end it looks clear.  And honestly if you are having many issues with your current software it may be time for an upgrade.  I mean the software I use it took me maybe a week to fully learn and be good enough to put out videos with it.  But I see no real issues with the smaller video except for the fact that the camera is not focusing on the bowl very well because of the movement of the lathe.

Edited by AndrewB

Believe me when I say it though I am quite fond of Movavi and it is easy and simplistic to use.  they made it so basically a middle school kid could use it its that simple.  Editing with it is quite easy.  Easier than a lot of the other software that I've had and used in the past at least.

• 2 months later...

I have used CyberLink's PowerDirector for the last 6 or 7 years and it works great, actually.  Many of my videos have two video and audio sources and PD makes it very easy to sync by audio.  Some of my videos have three sources and they're all in sync.  Pick any video on my YouTube page, some have PIP, some just switch from camera to camera, but nearly all have two audio sources even if you only see one camera view.  

My videos are a combination of iPhone 6S and Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 with Leica lens mounted with Rode VideoMic.  About 6 weeks ago I upgraded to the iPhone 12 Pro Max to get a better camera and lenses.

Recently I've begun looking at DaVinci Resolve; it's free and very powerful.  I'm in the learning phase so no videos yet from Resolve.

David

1 hour ago, difalkner said:

I have used CyberLink's PowerDirector for the last 6 or 7 years and it works great, actually.  Many of my videos have two video and audio sources and PD makes it very easy to sync by audio.  Some of my videos have three sources and they're all in sync.  Pick any video on my YouTube page, some have PIP, some just switch from camera to camera, but nearly all have two audio sources even if you only see one camera view.  

My videos are a combination of iPhone 6S and Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 with Leica lens mounted with Rode VideoMic.  About 6 weeks ago I upgraded to the iPhone 12 Pro Max to get a better camera and lenses.

Recently I've begun looking at DaVinci Resolve; it's free and very powerful.  I'm in the learning phase so no videos yet from Resolve.

David

Thanks! I've played with Resolve but haven't mastered it.