April 9, 20206 yr comment_224468 Okay so here is a few pictures of some wood I would like to Identify. Again if in wrong place please feel free to move discussion. the wood has deep reddish orange in middle with lighter tone on outside. I have no idea what it is. does not seem to get very big. most i have in my yard are fairly small trees. Report
April 9, 20206 yr Author comment_224481 Not apple. Was in yard done I lived here, never produced fruit. Report
April 9, 20206 yr comment_224536 I am thinking some kind of cherry. Bark and leaves look just like the two in my yard. They do not grow fast but will be a large tree someday and then you can cut and bake bowls. Report
April 9, 20206 yr comment_224537 Looking up the leaves and bark on the Internet and your location, I think it is Crepe Myrtle. https://www.blackhawktreeinc.com/common-nc-trees/ https://www.google.com/search?q=tree+identification+crepe+myrtle+bark&tbm=isch&chips=q:tree+identification+crepe+myrtle+bark,online_chips:varieties&usg=AI4_-kQQe5VAF5seqIVu48B_QNjv7xbo4g&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjQyIy529voAhW6mHIEHdnLAzgQgIoDKAJ6BAgGEAc&biw=1600&bih=757 Report
April 9, 20206 yr comment_224542 Thanks @Gerald it was difficult to compare over the Internet. Report
April 9, 20206 yr comment_224543 Might it be silver birch or yellow birch? Edited April 9, 20206 yr by Al B Report
April 9, 20206 yr Author Popular Post comment_224551 From tree I guy I knew he says wild choke cherry. I forgot about him. Oops. Just kinda acquaintances Report
April 9, 20206 yr Popular Post comment_224552 22 minutes ago, Lissa Hall said: From tree I guy I knew he says wild choke cherry. I forgot about him. Oops. Just kinda acquaintances Looks like @Gerald is the lucky winner!!! Report
April 10, 20206 yr comment_224578 5 hours ago, lew said: Looks like @Gerald is the lucky winner!!! Now for the prize.@Lissa Hall any cherry is great turning wood Report
April 10, 20206 yr comment_224580 I have to agree with Gerald on this one. Bark, leaves and wood color is what we in the south call wild cherry. It may have had very small red berries but this is some very nice wood. It is easily turned or shaped into whatever you desire. I would have it milled and save it. That stuff is expensive. Report
April 10, 20206 yr Author comment_224606 From tree I guy I knew he says wild choke cherry. I forgot about him. Oops. Just kinda acquaintances Report
April 10, 20206 yr Author comment_224607 Most I have are small trees will have to let them grow a bit. That one fell from Florence. Still have some down I have not gotten to lol Report
April 10, 20206 yr comment_224613 Definitely a cherry of some sort, likely a wild choke cherry. If it is, it probably will not grow very big - but you will have a gazillion of them all over the yard around it Report
April 10, 20206 yr comment_224630 16 hours ago, lew said: Looks like @Gerald is the lucky winner!!! I was close. Apple and cherry are both fruits.😷 Report
April 10, 20206 yr comment_224667 1 hour ago, Ron Dudelston said: I was close. Apple and cherry are both fruits.😷 Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.