January 8, 20206 yr comment_214802 Needing belt and a 12" disc. Don't wanna go to KC. Any deals on line for singles of quality. Like klingspor,VSM or 3M...thx Report
January 8, 20206 yr comment_214810 Klingspor Woodworking Shop has 12 inch 100 grit disc pack of 5 PSA for 29.65 Report
January 8, 20206 yr Author comment_214817 2 hours ago, steven newman said: Harbor Freight....get the "Red" belts. They only had 4 different belt's none red,,, Report
January 8, 20206 yr Author comment_214818 2 hours ago, Gerald said: Klingspor Woodworking Shop has 12 inch 100 grit disc pack of 5 PSA for 29.65 Thx I'll look into it. The shipping is the killer most times..thx Report
January 8, 20206 yr comment_214822 Try these folks- https://www.supergrit.com/view.php?pg=index Report
January 9, 20206 yr Author comment_214909 Thanks for the replies. I have to have good belta for the edge sander for doors, radious, etc..but for the Delta sander I may try the Harbor Freight. It won't get used except on small stuff...thx Report
January 9, 20206 yr comment_214915 20 hours ago, Gerald said: Klingspor Woodworking Shop has 12 inch 100 grit disc pack of 5 PSA for 29.65 Are they good? I have some that are off brand. They were free but they don't seem to last and tear easy. Report
January 9, 20206 yr Author comment_214924 I'm not much for a paper backed disc. Prefer clothed but if there out of my pocket and there not expensive I can live with it... The harbor freight are not far from me and if the bestscare ok , I'm ok... Report
January 9, 20206 yr Author comment_214925 The problem with Klingspor in KC they keep going through salesman and I lose my great price connection. The last guy said he had my sanding belts in his garage as he keep stock at home and some were out of date but we're still good. He's gone, now I'm out of connections... Report
January 10, 20206 yr Author comment_215012 If it doesn't snow too bad I'm gonna go a little further out of my way to Harbor Freight. I'm gonna put a plug on the sander today to give it a trial run.. Report
January 10, 20206 yr Author comment_215028 I pulled the plug off my planer and installed it on the sander. Works fine. I think mineral spirits to clean it with might be ok. Report
January 13, 20206 yr Author comment_215344 Tried the harbor freight 6x48 but is way too tight. Hard on the bearings. Looking for an adjustment but will have to look in the manual. If not the klingspor on it now works fine and will go that direction... Report
January 17, 20206 yr Author comment_215762 Anybody else have trouble with the harbor freight belt on a delta sander? I'm wondering if it's just a bad belt.....because they ship them flat when I go up there I will look for variations in length. Maybe I got a bad belt? Report
January 17, 20206 yr comment_215766 Not that particular combo but I have an oscillating spindle sander (Taiwanese) that has the rubber inserts in metric diameters. Some of the sanding sleeves I have bought are a little too sung. Report
January 18, 20206 yr comment_215873 Hey @lew, can you find Imperial sized inserts? Maybe that sanding supply store near you? I modified my Rigid oscillator to accept longer sleeves but, I can't remember where I got the rubber inserts. Report
January 18, 20206 yr comment_215877 45 minutes ago, Gene Howe said: Hey @lew, can you find Imperial sized inserts? Maybe that sanding supply store near you? I modified my Rigid oscillator to accept longer sleeves but, I can't remember where I got the rubber inserts. I modified the rubber ones I had to fit. A little sanding and they fit Report
February 4, 20206 yr Author comment_217526 I've been over this sander a couple times. The only way to make the harbor freight belt work is to grind the two bars as there aren't springs to allow variables in belt sizes. Still haven't been back to harbor freight to check for variations in the sizing. I dont use the belt as I have an edge sander but do like the disc sander...laying flat the belt is 24" end to end. Edited February 4, 20206 yr by BillyJack Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.