Rate this topic

Wow, August already and I'm looking forward to meeting folks at out gathering. To repeat some stuff: it's August 25th at my place, from 10:00ish to 5:00 or earlier (some of you have a good long drive to get here). I'll provide lunch and drinks (probably fried chicken and sides). More info in this thread.

Some other thoughts:

If a few of you could bring some folding chairs it would help, right now it looks like about 7-8 guests.

Some have indicated they would like to bring some things; how about snacks? Duck soup will be bringing home made cookies...maybe some chips or whatever).

Bring cameras, I'll be taking photos but many more is better.

What have I forgot? Suggestions welcome.

Hey Fred, any word from Ralph Jones?

T-24 and counting

Any project "show and tells"?

1 hour ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

I  can show a some of my stuff in the house, if you guys promise to not laugh yourself to death.

Ron, I haven't heard anything from Ralph.

I guess we could try to set off the Sawstop. Everybody does it with a saw blade, maybe we could try it with a dado set. rolling.gif

I’m not going to be the volunteer.  

3 hours ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

I guess we could try to set off the Sawstop. Everybody does it with a saw blade, maybe we could try it with a dado set.

I just gave up 5 vials of blood today for experimental purposes so I'm out.:blink:

I'll just take your & their word for it. No need to punish an innocent hot dog either.:P

8 hours ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

If a few of you could bring some folding chairs it would help, right now it looks like about 7-8 guests.

I can bring 2/3 extras plus my own.

Some have indicated they would like to bring some things; how about snacks? Donuts for AM Session??? Do we need to bring our own coffee?

I can furnish plastic wear, plates, napkins, cups; hate to see you doing dishes until midnight:D

Edited by Grandpadave52

Wish I could make it there Fred. I'd like to see that shop. As for the SawStop demo, I recommend you pass on that. I'm sure you have much better things going on in the shop. 

12 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Hope Steve is not too disappointed. The last get together we both attended had fine china, real silver utensils and Crystal goblets. :lol::cowboy:

I can assure you there will be none of that stuff around!

21 hours ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

I guess we could try to set off the Sawstop. Everybody does it with a saw blade, maybe we could try it with a dado set. rolling.gif

I'm getting the feeling that the phrase " hold my drink, watch this" is going to come up during the course of the day.:wacko:

The baker informed me she will be sending with me several dozen each, nut & apricot fold overs, whisky glass cookies, & bowties, plain & powdered.

I did notice some really nice coffee mugs on WoodCrafts web site.;);)

Edited by DuckSoup

Not sure what all the goodies are that are coming, but it's possible we get some of those mugs. If we get into a "hold my beer and watch this" situation, I guess we can throw the main breaker.

Only two dozen to go...

image.png.9eeeddec6512c24e4646cd00806d6b86.png

Sorry, busy last couple of days and forgot so belated

image.png.aefae00e507c64a59bbf5da5a20cdba0.png then there were image.png.7aa68cbf8d4862bf4e42abfc077a70f8.png

And today's count comes in at...

image.png.ce460ac6a445da8656292eec32615d96.png