March 4, 20188 yr Popular Post comment_142355 These are dresser valets I made for family members. It was a plan out of WJ. It was enjoyable but a lot of intricate sizing of material. I used mahogany wood and stain and shellac finish. Report
March 4, 20188 yr comment_142367 Those are fantastic Roger. Great job on the finish to get that kind of clarity and even look on mahogany. Thanks for sharing! With your permission @RJR I would request this post to be moved from Free-for-All to the Woodworking General forum. Much more appropriate there and should give even more visibility to your project which it certainly deserves. @John Morris, @Ron Dudelston, @John Moody...pending Roger's approval could this please be moved? Thanks in advance Report
March 4, 20188 yr Author comment_142369 I did not know I was on Free For All. You certainly have my permission to put on Woodworking General Forum . Thank you RJR Report
March 4, 20188 yr comment_142371 5 minutes ago, RJR said: I did not know I was on Free For All. You certainly have my permission to put on Woodworking General Forum . Thank you RJR Not a problem...Just wanted to be sure these get the highest visibility! Thanks! Report
March 4, 20188 yr comment_142381 Those are really nice. What is the wood? The mahogany stain makes it pop. What did you use for the tambour backing or did you mechanically link them? And, thanks to whom ever was able to switch the forum. Edited March 4, 20188 yr by Gene Howe Report
March 4, 20188 yr comment_142383 What a great idea and good job too. the finishing is splendid. Herb Report
March 5, 20188 yr comment_142392 Those are really cool Roger - you need to be posting up some more of your stuff! Report
March 5, 20188 yr comment_142410 That is some very nice work. Can only imagine the time to do it and that shellac finish really pops. I love to work with shellac but it does take some patience. Report
March 5, 20188 yr Author comment_142472 17 hours ago, Gene Howe said: Those are really nice. What is the wood? The mahogany stain makes it pop. What did you use for the tambour backing or did you mechanically link them? And, thanks to whom ever was able to switch the forum. the wood is mahogany and backing is light canvas material from a fabric store, thanks for asking RJR Report
March 5, 20188 yr Author comment_142475 14 hours ago, Cal said: Those are really cool Roger - you need to be posting up some more of your stuff! I think I will do that I will go through some of my photos and pick out some RJR favorites Report
March 5, 20188 yr comment_142515 5 hours ago, RJR said: I think I will do that I will go through some of my photos and pick out some RJR favorites Found 'em yet? We're patiently waiting. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.