December 24, 20178 yr Popular Post comment_134924 I've still got several of the natural edge walnut bowls to finish. Took this one in the house today. It's about 12" diameter and 6" deep. I burned one of my favorite zentangle patterns on the bottom, "phicops in a circle". Steve Steve Report
December 24, 20178 yr comment_134930 That is gorgeous, Steve! Did you use the same finishing technique? Report
December 24, 20178 yr Author comment_134953 9 hours ago, lew said: Did you use the same finishing technique? Lew, I did. The wipe poly with it spinning slowly. I'm going to try brush on lacquer on the next one. I think it will actually be a better finish. Steve Report
December 24, 20178 yr comment_134974 3 hours ago, Steve Krumanaker said: I'm going to try brush on lacquer on the next one If nothing else, it'll dry faster! Report
December 30, 20178 yr comment_135489 Just getting caught up on this one too... Not a bowl...a work of art...beyond words! Report
March 3, 20188 yr comment_142205 Man-o-man, that's gorgeous. your turning is awesome and, your finish is spectacular. Report
March 13, 20188 yr comment_143309 love it. I have not done a natural bark edge yet I keep knocking them off. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.