Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Patriot Woodworker

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shop flooring

Featured Replies

I finished up filling the cracks in my concrete floor and once that material cures, hope to get some rubber flooring in place. I'm looking at a ¼ inch product. I will need to be able to roll items like my bandsaw, drum sander, clamp cart, etc across the floor so I'm not sure if I'll regret not going up to 8mm or 3/8 inch thick. Trying to keep the cost from being too high, but also to having something that is workable (i.e., more expensive to have to replace!). I do have rubber flooring in a workout room that I think is 8mm and it is more than sturdy enough. 

Interested if anyone has used similar flooring in their shop or has other input on recommendations or regrets.

I have mats all over the place at every workstation and then some. All salvage from drug stores. I do believe you could get by with the 1/4 and use mats at workstations. Horsestall mats are good from what I have heard. I also salvaged some rubber floor tiles from a Walgreen. Think it is about 3/4 thick but it ain't cheap. Goes together like a puzzle.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 1

  • lew

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.