June 10, 20251 yr Popular Post comment_357415 1 hour ago, Larry Buskirk said: Yeah, but I'm the good looking one! Well by now you would have to be! Report
June 11, 20251 yr Popular Post comment_357428 4 hours ago, frenchwwr said: Time to find more pallets You can say that again...wait you did. If you'd quit making those beer crates, you could finish this job. Report
June 11, 20251 yr Popular Post comment_357436 On 6/10/2025 at 7:26 AM, Fred W. Hargis Jr said: Egads! there were 2 of you at one time??????? Probably a glitch in the matrix that had to be corrected. Report
June 13, 20251 yr Popular Post comment_357552 On 6/10/2025 at 11:02 PM, Grandpadave52 said: You can say that again...wait you did. If you'd quit making those beer crates, you could finish this job. Not with SWMBO on my back about 'this job'! Report
June 14, 20251 yr Popular Post comment_357559 Today's progress: 15 pallets disassembled Taking the nails out Cutting one end sq on the Chop Saw before taking them to the RAS to cut them to size Edited June 14, 20251 yr by frenchwwr Report
June 14, 20251 yr comment_357560 8 minutes ago, frenchwwr said: Cutting one end sq on the Chop Saw before taking them to the RAS to cut them to size Reminder Kevin, these are for siding shingles, not beer crates Report
June 14, 20251 yr Popular Post comment_357563 I did figure out today that a shingle is 3/4" longer than a Beer Box side piece, SO who's to say, under the premise of making shingles, somehow I end up cutting more than I need, who would know. Report
June 14, 20251 yr comment_357565 8 minutes ago, frenchwwr said: I did figure out today that a shingle is 3/4" longer than a Beer Box side piece, SO who's to say, under the premise of making shingles, somehow I end up cutting more than I need, who would know. No one as long as you have a shop refrigerator to bank the payment...well no one other than those that reads these posts. Edited June 14, 20251 yr by Grandpadave52 Report
June 14, 20251 yr Popular Post comment_357571 I do have a shop refrigerator, and I refilled it on Thursday Report
June 14, 20251 yr Popular Post comment_357583 17 minutes ago, frenchwwr said: I do have a shop refrigerator, and I refilled it on Thursday I love beer. Especially dark, tasty beer. But I find that beer interferes with my productivity. My hat's off to you man, no way I could take payment in beer and manage to get as much done as you do! Report
June 14, 20251 yr Popular Post comment_357598 Back in my younger days I’d fix motorcycles for beer. Not a bad deal if all you wanted to do was wrench on bikes and drink beer. Doesn’t work out so well anymore though. Report
June 14, 20251 yr Popular Post comment_357602 @Zach, I'm retired, and the money isn't that important. It's a good deal for both me and the brewer. @JWD I like good beer, I've been drinking 'Long Trail Double Bag' for years. The Beer CSA keeps me out of a rut and offers a variety for people who stop by. The beer stays in the Fridge until the work is done. I have been known to crack one during the sanding of the boxes, but never when saws are running I just picked up my CSA share last weekend, and my monthly supply* on Thursday and again it's all about helping the local country store that comes with a discount. *The Corona is my wife's Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.