Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

With that 10" saw I doubt if you will be able to use a fence for it will be like impossible to get the saw tuned up to use a fence...

When using a fence and it is not set perfect the straight edge will cause the blade to go crazy.....

My 12 " Sears saw only uses small blades and I have never bought a 1/2" blade and don't think the guides will go that big..

The 9 " band saw I have  is so small I have to do all the cutting free handed and with practice this might be your best route to go on yours....

What size blades are you using.

I've had several band saw blades pop on me.  They don't normally hurt.  It simply just spill out of the top part.  Of course all the ones I had to pop were small ones.  And, it is only running at 750 rpm.  I wonder if I turned it up a bit would it cut faster or worse?  :D

BTW, Gene, where did you get your Carter guides and how difficult to retrofit?

Edited by FlGatorwood

@KevTN,

Which Craftsman saw are you using? Some of the older ones had fences available for them.

I'll be adapting a table saw fence to fit my old Delta 10" bandsaw, and scroll saw. They both use the same size table.