January 25, 20206 yr comment_216581 Billy, I posted a question about how to make a real wood band around a circle and Cal sent me looking for your thread, I have to say the pics you have been posting are a big help. If I could ask what thickness are you ripping the oak strips to laminate with? I saw in one of the pics that you had the original frame for the mirror to start your project, I'll have to make myself one if I want to overlap it onto the laminate top I'm banding. If the laminate trims without any chipping then I'll just use the exterior of that. Any input you'd care to share I'll be glad to listen/read. My thread https://thepatriotwoodworker.com/forums/topic/29011-older-thread-snobs/ Edited January 25, 20206 yr by Pat Meeuwissen addition Report
February 4, 20206 yr Author Popular Post comment_217563 Been doing more cleaning on the shop. Finally back to the mirror.... Report
February 4, 20206 yr Author comment_217564 On 1/25/2020 at 9:13 AM, Pat Meeuwissen said: Billy, I posted a question about how to make a real wood band around a circle and Cal sent me looking for your thread, I have to say the pics you have been posting are a big help. If I could ask what thickness are you ripping the oak strips to laminate with? I saw in one of the pics that you had the original frame for the mirror to start your project, I'll have to make myself one if I want to overlap it onto the laminate top I'm banding. If the laminate trims without any chipping then I'll just use the exterior of that. Any input you'd care to share I'll be glad to listen/read. My thread https://thepatriotwoodworker.com/forums/topic/29011-older-thread-snobs/ The strips are 1/8 thick. The tightness of the oval made me thin from 3/16.... Report
February 5, 20206 yr Author comment_217642 5 hours ago, Cal said: That is really looking nice Billy. Thx.... nothing fancy just didn't want to throw the mirror away... Report
February 5, 20206 yr comment_217643 Yep seems like salvage takes more time and effort than just chucking it, the there are rewards. You planning on some trim touting now? Report
February 5, 20206 yr Author comment_217645 Keeping it plain and simple. Too much mission style in the rec room.... Report
February 5, 20206 yr comment_217667 Great work and clever design. I have enjoyed watching your work. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.