Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Morris

Wiki Page Black Walnut Contributors

Rate this topic

I want to thank @lew and @Gerald for their contributions to our "Black Walnut" wiki page. I put out the call in our Monday topic this past week for Black Walnut project images to be used in our wiki, and Lew and Gerald came to the rescue, thanks so much guys!

Have a look at our updated page with some great walnut projects now in the page, thanks to these two gents. :)

THEPATRIOTWOODWIKI.ORG

Wiki

1 minute ago, lew said:

One thing about walnut is that you don't want to use the saw dust/shavings as a mulch. It kills the plants around it.

Great tip Lew, and it's bad for horses too from what I understand.

Thanks John. Lew I had always heard not to use it as mulch but a horticulturist who had a TV program here said the killing affects only seeds and seedlings, established plants are ok . I have used it on established plants without problems but usually mixed with other species.