Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Cliff

Scored an ENCO milling machine

Rate this topic

On 10/31/2019 at 6:03 AM, John Morris said:

Old Metal Working Machinery Forum.

But it's not old.  I think it's 1980s vintage So maybe  we need a metal working forum.

12 hours ago, Cliff said:

But it's not old.  I think it's 1980s vintage So maybe  we need a metal working forum.

Well, that is a great point Cliff.

This would be a great point for Larry to chime in on. I was under the impression that a Vintage machine was 25 years or older. I could be wrong, probably am wrong. Where's Larry!

Thanks Cliff, we'll get it sorted out. But I just hated seeing your machine stuck down in Free For All, it deserved a better location. If it doesn't belong here, we'll move it to the Tools and Machinery Forum.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, Larry Buskirk said:

@Cliff, Nice score. :TwoThumbsUp:

@John Morris, It's old enough to belong here. :OldManSmiley:

There is an official cutoff though right Larry? I know when it comes to automotive related genres, it's 25 years considered Vintage. I have seen references to other worldly items as well as 25 years, is there an official ARN dating systems that determines if a machine can be considered vintage or not?

a gallon of Kero and  a boat load of rags and I'm still cleaning it

I took the table off    the saddle is next.

Gosh  golly  [and some things I'm not allowed to say  here  for fear the Chilluns might be warped and twisted]  THIS THING IS DIRTY~!!!!!

But tell  me what kind of idiot  buys a machine  with so few hours on  it that  in the middle of the table  where te most wear should be the frosting is still there and the  lead screw isn't worn  in the center either?

I'll tell ya what kind of idiot.  the kind who knows the thing hadn't been cleaned in  like 30 years and any lube in the  one shot  lube pump has turned back into Crude oil.

And yup  it's was black as  [fill in the name of the person you hate most]'s heart

Images are of the underside of the table

3.jpg

under side of table-01.jpg

under side of table-02.jpg