Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Great looking box......but what does it weigh? Hopefully he won't need to move it too often. He's certainly lucky to have a friend such as yourself. Hopefully he'll have much better luck in the future, better than that tree for sure.

On 4/20/2019 at 10:19 PM, Artie said:

Very impressive! This is what bothers me about my future in woodworking, I may learn how to use the tools, but I fear I don’t have the imagination to think of projects such as this. Great idea, great execution.

On 4/21/2019 at 1:00 AM, Dadio said:

That is how I do it, I take some of this and some of that one and combine it with some of another to come up with what I think will work.

Herb

Artie,

Don't worry about not having creative genius. I do the same as Dadio. The biggest thing is learning to beg, borrow, and steal ideas from everywhere. I use my pocket camera and cell phone to take pictures of interesting things I see at carving shows, garage sales, Good Will, stuff on the internet. Keep them all in a photo file on my laptop. Photocopy things I see in print. I have no idea what to do with them at the moment but somewhere down the road I play with them and either copy or improvise to see fit. Cannibalize ideas from one and mix with something else.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack Dadio's original post. As a newbie here, I couldn't figure out how to quote this in a separate post and the comment was sort of related.

-aj43