March 25, 20197 yr Popular Post comment_183960 Good Monday Morning! Good Monday morning Patriot Woodworkers! What did you get done over the weekend, and what have you planned for the week ahead! Inquiring minds want to know. Please tell us what's happening in your shops, your life, and any events going on with you. Thank you for being here folks! Theme News So far I don't have a fix for bringing back our theme, but I am working on it. If I don't see any headway being made this week we'll explore other themes based on your input, or tweak our current default theme to suit our needs. Thank you for your patience. New Members Please welcome to our community, @Jrmyhr, @johnker1947@gmail.com, @Dennis Gaya, @Fred, @richk52, please click on their names and leave a message of welcome on their profile page. And to our new members, welcome to your new community folks! Updated Wiki Pages No updated or new pages, been busy with other things. Featured Topic Our Featured topic has also been added to "Our Picks", this is a page for content that has stood out and been chosen for a special place in our community, and for a limited time showing on our Home Page for the world to see. Featured Link Our featured links are website links added by staff and members, add your favorite links today at Links Directory. Featured Image Colonial Williamsburg Anthony Haye's Cabinet Shop https://anthonyhaycabinetmaker.wordpress.com/2011/02/10/were-workin-on-it/ Report
March 25, 20197 yr Popular Post comment_184006 Hey Stick do you make this stuff up? or are you just a good googler? Got another offering plate roughed out and couple more layers of lacquer applied to the present. You know these weekends are just too short nowadays. Report
March 25, 20197 yr comment_184007 neither... it was sent to me... that was the answer I got when I asked for help last Monday... the help did show up Tuesday and Wednesday... Report
March 25, 20197 yr Popular Post comment_184010 @John Morris I have no complaints with this format, I was fully accustomed to it before you changed to the other, is there a reason to change it? @Stick486 what do you have to do to "Prepare to die"? Call the undertaker? Put on clean under shorts? Say goodbye to all"? Have a donut? Wear your Sunday outfit? Just wondering. Herb Report
March 25, 20197 yr comment_184011 25 minutes ago, Gerald said: you just a good googler? BTW... I don't do google anything... Report
March 25, 20197 yr Popular Post comment_184013 9 minutes ago, Dadio said: @Stick486 what do you have to do to "Prepare to die"? Call the undertaker? Put on clean under shorts? Say goodbye to all"? Have a donut? Wear your Sunday outfit? multiple choice... Report
March 25, 20197 yr comment_184017 4 hours ago, John Morris said: So far I don't have a fix for bringing back our theme, but I am working on it. If I don't see any headway being made this week we'll explore other themes based on your input, or tweak our current default theme to suit our needs. Thank you for your patience. tweak a few things is all... go w/ KISS/MISS... tone down the bright white... ditch the light gray anything to improve visibility... make the return to quoted post arrow visible again... others may have some input... bring back the Verdana font.. compressed wording makes for a difficult read.. as in run on paragraphs which there are plenty of here... the run ons get ignored/not bothered w/ (at least w/ me they do) because they are so difficult to read/sort out...... above is default below is Verdana... big difference... above is default below is Verdana... big difference... tweak a few things is all... go w/ KISS/MISS... tone down the bright white... ditch the light gray anything to improve visibility... make the return to quoted post arrow visible again... others may have some input... bring back the Verdana font.. compressed wording makes for a difficult read.. as in run on paragraphs which there are plenty of here... the run ons get ignored/not bothered w/ (at least w/ me they do) because they are so difficult to read/sort out...... Report
March 25, 20197 yr Popular Post comment_184027 I spent the morning painting the California king bed. Not a pleasant task because I hated covering up a beautiful finish but I’m not the customer. I sprayed it with Sealcoat Saturday so the first coat of enamel went on very smoothly. One coat to go and it is out of my shop. Report
March 25, 20197 yr comment_184029 3 minutes ago, Ron Dudelston said: I spent the morning painting the California king bed. Not a pleasant task because I hated covering up a beautiful finish but I’m not the customer. I sprayed it with Sealcoat Saturday so the first coat of enamel went on very smoothly. One coat to go and it is out of my shop. Ron, Is that an solvent based enamel, or a water based? You did a great job on that, as usual. Herb Report
March 25, 20197 yr comment_184030 The customer isn't always right. But, they do have the $$. That's a really nice paint job, though. Report
March 25, 20197 yr comment_184031 10 minutes ago, Ron Dudelston said: covering up a beautiful finish criminal... Report
March 25, 20197 yr comment_184033 Monday.. Wake me up when Tuesday gets here....have a second box to get done...but..not today... managed to add a "zero clearance insert" to a tablesaw that wasn't design for such newfangled items.... The tablesaw fence clamps down onto the plywood, Raised the blade SLOWLY up through the plywood, cutting the slot. Had some fat parts of Ash that needed slimmed down to 3/8" thick.....there is a 1/2" gap between the blade and the OEM insert....not really safe for thin stuff... Report
March 25, 20197 yr comment_184043 2 hours ago, Dadio said: Ron, Is that an solvent based enamel, or a water based? You did a great job on that, as usual. Herb Water based, Herb. After I sprayed it with Sealcoat, I shot a coat of Zinsser BIN just to be sure the enamel would stick. So far, so good. Report
March 25, 20197 yr comment_184044 5 minutes ago, Ron Dudelston said: Water based, Herb. After I sprayed it with Sealcoat, I shot a coat of Zinsser BIN just to be sure the enamel would stick. So far, so good. BIN is good stuff, that is why the grain is not showing through, that finish should be very durable. Herb Report
March 25, 20197 yr comment_184045 12 minutes ago, Dadio said: BIN is good stuff, that is why the grain is not showing through, that finish should be very durable. Herb Probably the BIN was overkill but I began to question the Sealcoat even though it is dewaxed. Report
March 26, 20197 yr comment_184074 6 hours ago, Ron Dudelston said: Not a pleasant task because I hated covering up a beautiful finish but I’m not the customer. I agree with Stick, it's criminal what they want done to a beautiful piece of wood. But hey pays the bills! Report
March 26, 20197 yr comment_184085 20 minutes ago, Woodbutcherbynight said: I agree with Stick, it's criminal what they want done to a beautiful piece of wood. But hey pays the bills! There is more wood where that came from, just have to cut another tree down. A person can't fall in love with a piece of wood, that would be like a farmer falling in love with a steer, instead opf looking at it and seeing steaks and ribs grazing in the pasture. HErb Edited March 26, 20197 yr by Dadio Report
March 26, 20197 yr comment_184090 4 minutes ago, Dadio said: just have to cut another tree down. Did that, now what's next? Report
March 26, 20197 yr comment_184098 29 minutes ago, Woodbutcherbynight said: Did that, now what's next? Now the hard work starts. Herb Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.