Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Morris

Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! March 25, 2019

Rate this topic

neither...

it was sent to me...

that was the answer I got when I asked for help last Monday...

the help did show up Tuesday and Wednesday...

25 minutes ago, Gerald said:

you just a good googler?

BTW...

I don't do google anything...

4 hours ago, John Morris said:

So far I don't have a fix for bringing back our theme, but I am working on it. If I don't see any headway being made this week we'll explore other themes based on your input, or tweak our current default theme to suit our needs. Thank you for your patience.

tweak a few things is all... go w/ KISS/MISS...

tone down the bright white...

ditch the light gray anything to improve visibility...

make the return to quoted post arrow visible again...

others may have some input...

bring back the Verdana font..

compressed wording makes for a difficult read.. as in run on paragraphs which there are plenty of here... the run ons get ignored/not bothered w/ (at least w/ me they do) because they are so difficult to read/sort out......

above is default below is Verdana... big difference...

above is default below is Verdana... big difference...

tweak a few things is all... go w/ KISS/MISS...

tone down the bright white...

ditch the light gray anything to improve visibility...

make the return to quoted post arrow visible again...

others may have some input...

bring back the Verdana font..

compressed wording makes for a difficult read.. as in run on paragraphs which there are plenty of here... the run ons get ignored/not bothered w/ (at least w/ me they do) because they are so difficult to read/sort out......

3 minutes ago, Ron Dudelston said:

I spent the morning painting the California king bed.  Not a pleasant task because I hated covering up a beautiful finish but I’m not the customer.  I sprayed it with Sealcoat Saturday so the first coat of enamel went on very smoothly.  One coat to go and it is out of my shop.9DC7B821-64BD-4F7A-A335-C3151668457B.jpeg 

Ron,

Is that an solvent based enamel, or a water based? You did a great job on that, as usual.

Herb

The customer isn't always right. But, they do have the $$. That's a really nice paint job, though. 

10 minutes ago, Ron Dudelston said:

covering up a beautiful finish

criminal...

Monday..:BangingHead:

Wake me up when Tuesday gets here....have a second box to get done...but..not today...:CoveringEyes:

managed to add a "zero clearance insert" to a tablesaw that wasn't design for such newfangled items....

380594108_ZeroClearance.JPG.4e8af6ee85a4f0e24a959d9d4a1054ab.JPG

The tablesaw fence clamps down onto the plywood,  Raised the blade SLOWLY up through the plywood, cutting the slot.   Had some fat parts of Ash that needed slimmed down to 3/8" thick.....there is a 1/2" gap between the blade and the OEM insert....not really safe for thin stuff...

2 hours ago, Dadio said:

Ron,

Is that an solvent based enamel, or a water based? You did a great job on that, as usual.

Herb

Water based, Herb.  After I sprayed it with Sealcoat, I shot a coat of Zinsser BIN just to be sure the enamel would stick.  So far, so good.

5 minutes ago, Ron Dudelston said:

Water based, Herb.  After I sprayed it with Sealcoat, I shot a coat of Zinsser BIN just to be sure the enamel would stick.  So far, so good.

BIN is good stuff, that is why the grain is not showing through, that finish should be very durable.

Herb

12 minutes ago, Dadio said:

BIN is good stuff, that is why the grain is not showing through, that finish should be very durable.

Herb

Probably the BIN was overkill but I began to question the Sealcoat even though it is dewaxed.  

6 hours ago, Ron Dudelston said:

Not a pleasant task because I hated covering up a beautiful finish but I’m not the customer.

I agree with Stick, it's criminal what they want done to a beautiful piece of wood.  But hey pays the bills!

20 minutes ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

I agree with Stick, it's criminal what they want done to a beautiful piece of wood.  But hey pays the bills!

There is more wood where that came from, just have to cut another tree down. A person can't fall in love with a piece of wood, that would be like a farmer falling in love with a steer, instead opf looking at it and seeing steaks and ribs grazing in the pasture.

HErb

Edited by Dadio

4 minutes ago, Dadio said:

just have to cut another tree down.

Did that, now what's next?  :Laughing:

0525181842a.jpg.e554b54bd0b78330bbf5be552b6614a8.jpg