Friday, January 11, 2019, What’s on your Patriot Woodworker agenda?

John Moody

That is a beautiful desk John.  How did you get the top of it flat?  Hope you get a pic or two of it when it is in place after delivery.

I will likely be working on the little corner table I started on this week.  Supposed to be a wet and cold weekend, won't be getting out unless I have to.

11 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

We'll be taking our guests to catch their plane back to St. Louis tomorrow.

Hope so, but don't count on it...St. Louis is just now getting snow and could see 8-12" through tomorrow. I'd guess there will be delays or cancellations.

We're supposed to get some of the same here starting early Saturday morning.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/st-louis-mo/63102/weather-radar/349084

Conference swim finals scheduled for tomorrow at 1:30 PM. That may be at risk since we are under a Winter Storm Warning through 7 AM Sunday. We're in the 6"+ zone so most of the weekend will be either shoveling or blowing snow or both depending on the wind and moisture content factor Spent some of today getting ready. 'Tis the season.

Assuming we have church Sunday, youth group is having a chili cook-off after services...would feel bad voting against my grand-daughters but I already know the preacher's son is working up a couple batches of deer chili...gonna' be hard to top that IMO...they need to learn it's not polite to ask how one votes.:rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

That's just a fantastic desk, John. About 80" long? How wide? No stain, too. Love it. Did you spline the top? What woods did you use? The legs look like white oak. Those black (dowels?) are a nice touch.

We'll be taking our guests to catch their plane back to St. Louis tomorrow. So, I can get some shop time until the 21st when the next ones get in. But, they'll be in Tucson. Which means that we'll be making a few trips down there and, they plan to come up here, too. My tools will just have to adjust to the loneliness.

Lew, look at the first picture, the lags look like popular to me. The other pictures look like oak. I am thinking he knows something that he is keeping to his self.  :WonderScratch: