Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
lew

Woodcraft Easy Wood Tools Sale Until December 31, 2018

Rate this topic

On 12/27/2018 at 6:38 PM, hawkeye10 said:

Lew, it would be nice to buy those but I am broke.  :(

I can testify.  Like others said, one piece at a time.  Sometimes it is so long between pieces, I forget until I really need it.  :(

8 hours ago, lew said:

I ordered a couple of negative rake cutters and a small faceplate. Enough to get the free shipping.

Lew let us know how you like the negative cutters. Inquiring minds want to know.  :D

Will the Easy cutters fit my tool? See link below.

https://www.hartvilletool.com/product/5910/turning-tools

I would think they will.  Best thing to do is take your tools to the closest Woodcraft or other supplier of Easy Wood tools and compare them.  Ask for help and I'm sure they will oblige you.

1 hour ago, hawkeye10 said:

Will the Easy cutters fit my tool? See link below.

Here are the screw specifications for the Easy Wood Tools cutter screws-

**Mini/Mid/Detailers &
All Hollowers Except Mid*:
~Small Wrench 1/16" 
~Screw 4-40 x 5/16" 

**Full/Pro/Rougher/Finisher:
~Screw 8-32 x 3/8"
~Large Wrench 3/32"

**Exception (Mid Hollower):
~Small Wrench 1/16"
~Screw 4-40 x 1/4"

These screws are all flat head, allen wrench type. The cutters are countersunk so the screws self center the cutters on the tool end. As for actual cutter dimensions, I'd have to physically measure mine. I can say that because Easy Wood Tools are made in the USA, all dimensions/thread specs are imperial (SAE)

1 hour ago, hawkeye10 said:

Lew let us know how you like the negative cutters. Inquiring minds want to know.

I have been using them for quite a while. They are absolutely the BEST!! They were originally created for turners that turn acrylic/cast objects.  However, they work equally well on hardwoods. I especially like to use them on my hollowing tools as they are less aggressive and I barely ever have a catch.