Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Monkey Paws

My new Wen scroll saw.

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Monkey Paws -
Monkey Paws -

Top Posters

@Monkey Paws, ya did good my friend, I have a buddy at work who has owned that saw for awhile now and he loves it. His young son uses it too and they are both scrolling away, and both beginners, they are having a blast with it. I am very excited for you and I hope you post images of the work that comes off that saw, way to go!!!

Kenny I can't speak from any experience on this model but from a price point you did well. From what you described previously about your old Craftsman (pretty sure I have one like you did), they seem to sell for $30-$50 pretty consistently on CL do for only a few $$'s more you upgraded. Having VS I think would be a plus too.

WEN's redefined image of affordable WW'ing tools seems to be real with significant numbers of favorable reviews across their product line. This should be a good entry saw IMO to see if scroll sawing is something you really want to pursue.

Look forward to your review of the tool after you've had a chance to drive "her a few miles."

Ken, that looks like a good saw to start off with. Pinless blades are probably the way to go, smaller hole to drill and they thread through the wood easier.

I think once your set up and running you'll enjoy it. Plenty of patterns on the web.

There are some good idea tips in this forum on how to apply & remove patterns. Questions are always welcomed. Have fun.

Since I have never seen one of those it would be impossible to comment on how good it will work!. I see a knob down under the right side. Is that to set the tension or the speed. If its for the speed can you make the tension on the blade more or less. Also how do you attach the pinless blades? Is the on off switch down on the right side under the table also? How small of a hole around the blade is the insert?

I just now noticed the saw pictured has a pinned end blade in it. Does it not use pinless blades. If not you will have to watch out for the patterns than take a real small hole for the blade to stick through... Not a saw I would have if it don't take pinless blades also... So where did the guy go who posted this back in Nov..? I can't find one on display anywhere to check it out!! Who has  them?

12 hours ago, hawkeye10 said:

Kenny, for $3 you can get hundreds of patterns from Steve Good. I say $3 but it could have gone up because I have checked lately. Also Steve Good is on You-Tube and you can watch him there. Let me know what you think, I think it's a great deal.

https://www.stevedgood.com/catalog/index.php

Thanks for the heads up. I will check it out

45 minutes ago, Smallpatch said:

I just now noticed the saw pictured has a pinned end blade in it. Does it not use pinless blades. If not you will have to watch out for the patterns than take a real small hole for the blade to stick through... Not a saw I would have if it don't take pinless blades also... So where did the guy go who posted this back in Nov..? I can't find one on display anywhere to check it out!! Who has  them?

Amazon sells these saws and they use both pinned and non-pinned