Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Moody

Friday, July 20, 2018, What's On Your Patriot Woodworker Agenda?

Rate this topic

John, you’re making me look like a slacker.  Cal, I love Savannah and all the old south culture.  I sound out a few weeks ago that 4 years on the flight line in the Air Force has done damage to my high frequency hearing.  Yesterday, I was fitted for my first ever set of  hearing aids and it’s an adjustment. The aids are high end and the audiologist was very good (pretty too).  I have an app on my phone to custom adjust the aids...go figure.  I’m prepping for a show next weekend so all work is put on hold for the weekend.  

Had a sleep study last night and today finishing up on some bowls I had sprayed the last coat on yesterday. Getting ready to do part of the demo tomorrow at the club. Doing the demo on laminated boxes

TBD...

Yeah I know it's Saturday but I spent ~6 hours yesterday following a "weed-eater" around the property; the remainder of the time was re-wrapping line spools. All outside work today is postponed due to the Indiana weather pattern...~10-15 min each of blue sky, clouds mixed with blue sky, clouds, rain...repeat the cycle...have spent some time in the garage and headed back in a bit for R &  (recovery & reorganize); Tomorrow church, couple of errands, lunch then see what the weather allows from there. 

On 7/19/2018 at 9:55 PM, John Moody said:

I posted a picture of the Singer Sewing Table last week, but it got sprayed over the weekend with General Finishes Enduro Var and delivered to the customer.

Thanks John for the final view...looks great. Certainly you three have been quite busy...enjoy seeing the variety of projects & clients. Looking forward to seeing finished pics of the cedar/walnut chest.

On 7/20/2018 at 8:24 AM, Ron Dudelston said:

I sound out a few weeks ago that 4 years on the flight line in the Air Force has done damage to my high frequency hearing.  Yesterday, I was fitted for my first ever set of  hearing aids and it’s an adjustment. The aids are high end

BTDT! I am lucky enough to have the VA do mine. Starkey Halos that bluetooth to/from my phone/app. I've had these a year and still getting used to them. Conversation in a noisy environment is my biggest problem. The audiologist had a set of special ear molds made to reduce feedback and that helps.

4 hours ago, PostalTom said:

Ron, if those are the same aids they gave me, they are also Bluetooth capable, meaning you can stream music directly from your phone to your hearing aids.  Check it out. 

My doctor told me I have been listening to too much phone sex.  I now have "hearing aids!"  :P

Same ones Tom.  They are Signia (Siemen).  They’re like $5,000 ear buds and the sound is amazing.   They have a ton of bells and whistles.  

4 hours ago, lew said:

BTDT! I am lucky enough to have the VA do mine. Starkey Halos that bluetooth to/from my phone

4 hours ago, lew said:

BTDT! I am lucky enough to have the VA do mine. 

Having mine service connected has been a real perk.  I have a friend that has the same aids that I have but he paid for his out of his own pocket. $4800.

On 7/20/2018 at 1:53 PM, Stick486 said:

TBD...

never got around to it...

56 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

never got around to it...

Here, take one of mine...doubt I'll ever use it anyway...

image.png.8c0bc85511e8a0fd70630a00dc4ca950.png

Dave, you beat me to it by about 30 seconds. 

2 minutes ago, PostalTom said:

Dave, you beat me to it by about 30 seconds. 

Time zone difference:lol: