Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Fred W. Hargis Jr -
Ron Dudelston -

Top Posters

Just a reminder about the planned gathering next month on August 25th. (Earlier thread about this here). At this point everything is still looking good, so if anyone missed the earlier talks and would like to come you can mark your calendar.

Let us know what we can bring, food wise.    Drove past Wapa twice this week on the way up to Sandusky and back.

I've forgotten the count but I think the early on number was somewhere around 12+. In late July/early August I'll try to firm up the attendance as we get closer to the date and the ones who weren't sure might be able to better guess whether they can make it. The early count was very preliminary with the date so far off.

Edited by Fred W. Hargis Jr

Members and wives, though I think Worsham was the only who mentioned his wife was coming. I guess I should dig up the original post and review the replies. I know another member asked about bringing spouses. I'm hoping as we get closer more folks will be able to show up.

Edited by Fred W. Hargis Jr

How about a member, with wives? :D

7 hours ago, John Morris said:

How about a member, with wives? :D

Wouldn't that be bigamy? :unsure:

John

It would big-of-us to overlook it. But anyone with "wives" wouldn't have the time/money/energy to attend our gathering.

OK, I went back to the original thread and recounted (which shows just how bad my memory is) but there were 6 or so that thought they could come. I'm hoping that number grows once we get closer and start trying to firm things up a bit.

1 hour ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

OK, I went back to the original thread and recounted (which shows just how bad my memory is) but there were 6 or so that thought they could come. I'm hoping that number grows once we get closer and start trying to firm things up a bit.

And is the new shop ready to be christened with a champagne bottle?

3 hours ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

Still on my calendar and in my plans barring a last minute catastrophe of some sort. 

The shop has stalled out, I still hope to have it fully set up by then but find being 70 years old really hampers things. I have too many other things going on (along with the age thing) but hope to complete it by then.

If anyone missed this in the MWTCA forum, Handydan won a Woodriver plane. It's (as I recall) a bevel up jointer. Anyway, he offered to thow it in for the TPW gathering, we can draw names out of a hat to see who gets it. Makes a nice add to the other stuff that John's trying to round up from Laguna and Woodcraft. So if you were on the fence, this might be a deciding factor for you!

56 minutes ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

If anyone missed this in the MWTCA forum, Handydan won a Woodriver plane. It's (as I recall) a bevel up jointer. Anyway, he offered to thow it in for the TPW gathering, we can draw names out of a hat to see who gets it. Makes a nice add to the other stuff that John's trying to round up from Laguna and Woodcraft. So if you were on the fence, this might be a deciding factor for you!

Fred, that’ll sweeten the pot!