November 29, 20178 yr comment_132718 I have limited experience with Acrylics and I need some advice on gluing. In the past I have used CA to glue acrylics to wood, however I have always used a center post to assure that it would stay together. Can I successfully glue a flat acrylic material to a flat wood piece and then turn it without worrying about it coming apart. It will be a small piece, such as a Christmas ornament. Thanks Report
November 29, 20178 yr comment_132719 I've never tried this but I wonder if the joint adhesive they use for Corian countertops would work. Here's a site that may help- http://www.thistothat.com/ or this- http://www.e-tplastics.com/blog/how-to-attach-plexiglass-acrylic-to-wood/ and I found this- Edited November 29, 20178 yr by lew Report
November 29, 20178 yr comment_132736 I watch N Z Woodturning on youtube a lot. Nick does it all the time but I am not sure what glue he uses. I know it's not CA glue, it looks more like titebond. Report
November 29, 20178 yr Author comment_132738 I received a free sample of Rapid fuse and have really liked the results. However, even tho I have sealed it good when I finished, the glue is getting more like jello in the container. I am thinking of giving it a try on some scrap. Will let you know how it works out Report
November 29, 20178 yr Author comment_132739 Thanks Rusty, that is a very good reference. I may set up a test piece for goop too Report
November 29, 20178 yr comment_132748 I glued my shoe with Goop Glue. Held together for a very long time. It must be good stuff and I believe it glues anything to anything. Report
November 29, 20178 yr comment_132752 3 hours ago, Ron Altier said: Rapid fuse and have really liked the results I agree with that. I'm using mine more and more. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.