Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
steven newman

A project in Poplar

Rate this topic

9 minutes ago, steven newman said:

guess I need a new stool

Me too.  know the next time I sit on it, it will collapse! Already in the middle of a project so the stool will have to wait.

18 hours ago, lew said:

Me too.  know the next time I sit on it, it will collapse! Already in the middle of a project so the stool will have to wait.

You need duplicates . I have 2 stools at different heights, one backed adjustable chair and one armed chair, Oh and don't forget the footstool. Sure does make work more comfortable

Thank you Steve, my morning is good now, I love your images. 

15 hours ago, steven newman said:

" and feeling groovy.."   wasn't there a song like that..LONG ago

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj9kIDP-KLXAhWF7IMKHeAiDOgQ3ywIKDAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTBQxG0Z72qM&usg=AOvVaw3fCYN9FlLpvGgDtq5Rv3dq

Hope this works.

John

Edited by HARO50

The original (that I recall) was by Harper's Bazaar...I remember it correctly. How about that?

Edited by Fred W. Hargis Jr

That's the one I remember too, fred. I was a mere babe at 26, back then. But, I remember it being really...ahem...poplar.:rolleyes:

Edited by Gene Howe

Roh-kay, Raggy....

Glue has been spread, clamps applied...

59fcfd3ce713d_clampedup.jpg.a517170d99fb0c631cdb5f4fcba66dd1.jpg

5 clamps?  Because I ran out....need to buy a few more, sometime...

Let this set a day, or so.   Then the corners get cleaned up, and spiffy.    Beads need to be run around the sides...and a couple saw cuts made,...

.59fcfdea2fdd9_layoutlines.jpg.05d1201b551ed158739b2d86986d3158.jpg

And need to cut some leftovers down to size..

panel.jpg.dd2e7e3be97caf3451372fc25d138378.jpg

To make a sliding lid for the top.  Beads to hide where the slider comes out at.  Panel is Poplar, looks a bit better than just plain old plywood. 

Not sure about a finish, just yet.   Stay tuned ( King Biscuit Flour Hour, 800 on you am radio dial..CKLW)

I'm for the walnut trim!

Nice pix of you and your Dad. Looks like the corn is just about ready for chopping or in those days "shocking".

Cool photo....you were much better looking back then. giggle.gif

Ok...and look what all that "clean living" has done to me....:rolleyes::o

First coat the The Infamous Witch's Brew is now applied to the box

5a034c3dbc0e2_brewfinish.thumb.JPG.22938a339a250da5314d20db0647629b.JPG

This may or may not get a second coat, before a gloss poly is added...we'll see...5a034c981ecbb_sideview.jpg.3f5c6bf37cbef53c48c587f0f5a82df6.jpg

At least the dovetails show off....