August 17, 20179 yr comment_121065 I had a Long Ranger that I used for 9 years without a problem. Eventually I dropped the remote one time too many onto the concrete and it failed. Well made unit. But I replaced it with a Shop Fox....it lasted less than 6 months before the outlet part of the receiver completely broke away rendering the unit useless. Report
August 18, 20179 yr comment_121248 Long Ranger for me---same one now for 12 years +. Use for my dust collector, have two remotes so as to engage collector from various locations---Works for me. Report
August 18, 20179 yr comment_121257 On 8/17/2017 at 7:43 AM, Fred W. Hargis Jr said: I had a Long Ranger that I used for 9 years without a problem. Eventually I dropped the remote one time too many onto the concrete and it failed. Well made unit. But I replaced it with a Shop Fox....it lasted less than 6 months before the outlet part of the receiver completely broke away rendering the unit useless. I re -read my post just now and think my comment about well made unit may be misinterpreted. I do think the LR is a well made unit, no sarcasm intended. It was my own ineptitude (of which I have a lot) that brought about it's demise. Report
August 18, 20179 yr comment_121269 1 hour ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said: I re -read my post just now and think my comment about well made unit may be misinterpreted. I do think the LR is a well made unit, no sarcasm intended. It was my own ineptitude (of which I have a lot) that brought about it's demise. You can buy just the remote. At Pennstate Ind or(see below) https://www.amazon.com/PSI-Woodworking-Long-Ranger-Remote/dp/B00004S9AL/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1503075904&sr=8-2&keywords=long+ranger+dust+collector+switch Report
August 19, 20179 yr comment_121348 I guess I need to apologize if I offended anyone. Just offering a different solution as an alternative, especially if you are doing new wiring. It's the way the electrician did my prior shop. Report
August 19, 20179 yr comment_121356 Well, Keith. I am just terribly offended. I'm pretty thick skinned but that just takes the cake. What were you thinking? Report
August 19, 20179 yr comment_121357 9 hours ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said: I re -read my post just now and think my comment about well made unit may be misinterpreted. I do think the LR is a well made unit, no sarcasm intended. It was my own ineptitude (of which I have a lot) that brought about it's demise. 28 minutes ago, kmealy said: I guess I need to apologize if I offended anyone. Just offering a different solution as an alternative, especially if you are doing new wiring. It's the way the electrician did my prior shop. Well I guess I should apologize if you thought I misinterpreted anything either one of thought you might have offended me So here...will this make up for it? Donut holes...no calories since they're from the middle Edited August 19, 20179 yr by Grandpadave52 Report
August 19, 20179 yr comment_121358 Hey Dave, you've never offended me but, could you send a few of those trees my way, anyway? Report
August 19, 20179 yr comment_121360 2 minutes ago, Gene Howe said: Hey Dave, you've never offended me but, could you send a few of those trees my way, anyway? Jealousy will have to be in another thread Report
August 19, 20179 yr comment_121363 Well, I'm minding a couple NY strips on the grill, Del Bac in my glass and peach cobbler and ice cream for later. Eat your heart out. Report
August 19, 20179 yr comment_121365 2 minutes ago, Gene Howe said: Well, I'm minding a couple NY strips on the grill, Del Bac in my glass and peach cobbler and ice cream for later. Eat your heart out. OK now I AM offended and really hungry now too! Report
August 19, 20179 yr comment_121367 1 hour ago, Grandpadave52 said: and really hungry now too! ...guess you should've keep the doughnut holes... Report
August 21, 20179 yr comment_121610 Just had to stop here this morning. Very good cake donuts https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g50940-d4637350-Reviews-Jolly_Donut-Sandusky_Ohio.html Report
August 21, 20179 yr comment_121708 When I installed my Felder 160 I struggles with remote starting. The internal electronics baffled me. There were solenoids and timers to get the motor started. Felder loves these motors that require the user to hod in the ON button while the motor winds up. I used to run a 48" rotary table surface grinder ( blanchard grinder) that was the same way; it was built in the 1940s Eventually I decided on a solution that wouldn't void the warranty. Mechanical actuation of the switch VIA 12 VDC solionoid triggered by a slew of momentary switches located at each machine station. works like a charm. Any of the switches can turn the DC on or off. Report
August 21, 20179 yr comment_121719 20 hours ago, kmealy said: Just had to stop here this morning. Very good cake donuts https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g50940-d4637350-Reviews-Jolly_Donut-Sandusky_Ohio.html Were they REALLY good? Cause I could take a 5-hour drive east to Point Pelee, catch the Leamington ferry to Pelee Island, on to Sandusky, and be there in only 12 hours or so! John Report
August 21, 20179 yr comment_121732 1 hour ago, HARO50 said: Were they REALLY good? Cause I could take a 5-hour drive east to Point Pelee, catch the Leamington ferry to Pelee Island, on to Sandusky, and be there in only 12 hours or so! John Well, I drive 4 hours to get them. Well, that, and to see family that lives a mile away from them. Report
March 13, 20206 yr comment_221382 You can take the cheaper remotes and have them turn on a nema contractor switch that will run anything. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.