December 31, 20169 yr comment_90234 15 minutes ago, kmealy said: Let me know, I may join you. I have a couple of projects coming up (as soon as I get the specs) and will need some more lumber. Be nice to do a face to face, and maybe have lunch (or donuts, or both ;-) ) Sounds like a plan. Send me your phone # Keith Report
December 31, 20169 yr Popular Post comment_90288 22 hours ago, John Morris said: Now that's a big choice! I bet the locals get pretty creative with pine! Hoo, yeah...same here...we got knotty pine, crooked pine, split pine, bowed pine, cupped pine, cracked pine, damaged pine, twisted pine, curved pine and any combination you might need... Motto is "We got whatever wood you want in pine" (...sounds a bit like Henry Ford...) Report
January 1, 20179 yr comment_90331 3 hours ago, Nickp said: (...sounds a bit like Henry Ford...) Yup! Any wood you want, as long as it's pine! John Report
January 1, 20179 yr Author comment_90448 19 minutes ago, John Hechel said: who goes to the lumber yard and only buys 2 boards? It's all I could afford at this moment! Report
January 1, 20179 yr comment_90449 1 minute ago, John Morris said: It's all I could afford at this moment! Copy that! Report
January 1, 20179 yr Author comment_90452 3 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said: Copy that! You know, the only time I come home with many boards, or a stack of ply, is when it's a job, and I got half up front by the folks who I'm working for. Keep in mind too, I live relatively close so even a single cherry board of 4/4 is worth the trip. Report
January 1, 20179 yr Popular Post comment_90457 I live 40 minutes from my lumber yard and can't get out of there without spending at least a grand or having a bed full of lumber Report
January 1, 20179 yr Author comment_90458 1 minute ago, John Hechel said: I live 40 minutes from my lumber yard and can't get out of there without spending at least a grand or having a bed full of lumber That is so awesome John! It'd be like Christmas every trip! What type of lumber do you find yourself coming home with mostly? Report
January 1, 20179 yr comment_90462 1 minute ago, John Morris said: That is so awesome John! It'd be like Christmas every trip! What type of lumber do you find yourself coming home with mostly? maple, cherry, walnut, for domestics then a whole laundry list of exotics Jatoba, purple heart, bubinga, leopard wood, marble wood, zebra wood, canary wood, Bacote', wenege, African ribbon mohagany, and any other specialty woods they may have in stock. since they are a small family owned yard they also might have odd size or cut-off strips at a deal for us also Report
January 1, 20179 yr Author comment_90464 Just now, John Hechel said: maple, cherry, walnut, for domestics then a whole laundry list of exotics Jatoba, purple heart, bubinga, leopard wood, marble wood, zebra wood, canary wood, Bacote', wenege, African ribbon mohagany, and any other specialty woods they may have in stock. since they are a small family owned yard they also might have odd size or cut-off strips at a deal for us also Absolutely awesome, I'd have a blast just stocking the shop with that wood! Nice haul my friend! Report
January 1, 20179 yr comment_90465 I usually keep 100-300 bf of each domestic in stock and for the exotics we keep 3 or 4 boards. just enough for accent work. Report
January 1, 20179 yr comment_90501 3 hours ago, John Hechel said: I live 40 minutes from my lumber yard and can't get out of there without spending at least a grand or having a bed full of lumber Sounds good, but I'd have to do without groceries for a month, and probably fall behind on my utilities bill! Two boards at a time it is! John Edited January 1, 20179 yr by HARO50 Report
January 1, 20179 yr comment_90528 MY lumber supplier is Highland Hardwoods, in Brentwood NH, located about 15 miles from here. They really do have a variety, including cherry, walnut, mahogany , caribbean rosewood, zebrawood, purpleheart,bubinga, red oak, white oak , and the list goes on, including several quality plywoods. Most of the lumber is rough sawn, but some S4S is available. Report
November 11, 20196 yr comment_208343 Wow... That is a great selection but it only cost me $1280.00 to build my saw mill. Now all my wood is free.... Report
November 11, 20196 yr comment_208350 We have a similiar setup here for KC... metrohardwoodsinc.com Edited November 11, 20196 yr by BillyJack Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.