December 22, 20169 yr Popular Post comment_88913 I showed the glue up for this in an earlier post. Got it all put together yesterday and is now in its place in the kitchen. I have not had time to do the drawers as yet. It will have 2 drawers on slides and 2 small box drawers accessible from either side. The center cubby is for cook books. Edited December 22, 20169 yr by Gerald spelling in header Report
December 22, 20169 yr comment_88917 absolutely outstanding Gerald... the re-purpose is great... Edited December 22, 20169 yr by Stick486 Report
December 22, 20169 yr comment_88923 Great idea Gerald and great looking piece...I'll file this away...have a very similar stand I've been wondering what / how to re-purpose...you just helped answer those questions... May beg you for some more pictures down the road...need to sand blast and maybe powder coat the frame first...all that will be next spring/ summer anyway now. Thanks for posting. Report
December 22, 20169 yr comment_88924 That is cool....I always loved the look of the worught iron (or whatever) on the sewing machine stands. Report
December 22, 20169 yr comment_88931 Sweet Gerald. I have always liked those stands. Great use for it. Report
December 22, 20169 yr comment_88943 There you go again, Gerald coming up with such a brilliant idea,and executing it so perfectly. Great job. Herb Report
December 23, 20169 yr Author comment_89054 21 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said: Great idea Gerald and great looking piece...I'll file this away...have a very similar stand I've been wondering what / how to re-purpose...you just helped answer those questions... May beg you for some more pictures down the road...need to sand blast and maybe powder coat the frame first...all that will be next spring/ summer anyway now. Thanks for posting. Dave the stand came that way from a antique store and has been sitting in the dining room for about 4 years. Well my wife googled the stand and came up with an idea , then I worked around it . The lower shelves was my idea to use all space available. I hate wasted space , gotta have something in it. Maybe that is why I have to turn sideways sometime in the shop to get by it. Thanks for the comments y'all. Report
December 23, 20169 yr comment_89096 That is absolutely awesome! Years ago, I had a complete sewing machine. Fave it away. Still kicking my own butt for that one. Report
December 25, 20169 yr comment_89461 @Gerald What are the woods for the top? Looks like ash,walnut, yellow heart, and another lighter yellow wood. Herb Report
December 25, 20169 yr Author comment_89497 7 hours ago, Dadio said: @Gerald What are the woods for the top? Looks like ash,walnut, yellow heart, and another lighter yellow wood. Herb I forgot that was a while ago I posted on the top. It is Walnut, White Oak, Cherry, and Maple Report
December 26, 20169 yr comment_89506 3 hours ago, Gerald said: I forgot that was a while ago I posted on the top. It is Walnut, White Oak, Cherry, and Maple Sure had me fooled. Looks great though, never get tired of looking at it. Herb Report
December 28, 20169 yr comment_89789 Very nice...perfect fit in the kitchen... Who says it has to be 100% wood...? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.