October 28, 20169 yr Popular Post comment_81243 Disclosure: This is a scanned document of the now defunct Workbench Magazine of this era. Permission was granted by the new Workbench Publication for The Patriot Woodworker community to copy and use the old Workbench Magazine at our pleasure, and for free distribution and re-use. Hey folks, I was going through my old Work Bench Magazine that I typically scan for our downloads section but this fun article about wood planes I just had to share here. Just some fun stuff is all, take it or leave it. Report
October 28, 20169 yr comment_81274 @John Morris Cool John. Thanks! Almost bought one of the Stanley duplex rabbit planes pictured on p3 &p4 of scanned article.at CBF for $10...wasn't sure it all was there but with this article and some other research I think it was. Pretty rusty though. Never seen the carriage bolt trick to sharpen/ hone plane iron. It's fun looking at the old advertisements too/ Report
October 28, 20169 yr comment_81302 Great old article. I enjoyed viewing the advertisements too. Report
October 28, 20169 yr comment_81326 The whole post was great...pictures, description, ads... Thanks for sharing...enjoyed it... Report
October 28, 20169 yr comment_81334 Love the ads. A 65 Ford or Dodge for 995......gee I wish. By the way cool article too. Report
October 28, 20169 yr Author comment_81335 Just now, Gerald said: A 65 Ford or Dodge for 995 Crazy!! Report
October 28, 20169 yr comment_81348 1 hour ago, Gerald said: Love the ads. A 65 Ford or Dodge for 995......gee I wish. By the way cool article too. Back then $60.00 take home a week was big money. Report
October 29, 20169 yr comment_81392 I also was checking the ads. This article was created 5 years before I was so fun for me to look at. Thanks for sharing. Report
October 29, 20169 yr comment_81399 Contrary to popular rumours.....I did NOT write that article on planes....I was sacking groceries for $1.25 and hour back then.... Report
October 29, 20169 yr comment_81510 13 hours ago, steven newman said: Contrary to popular rumours.....I did NOT write that article on planes....I was sacking groceries for $1.25 and hour back then.... Good money, Steven! In 1966 I was helping out on farms for about $1.50 a DAY! John Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.