Friday, Feb 28th, What's on Your Patriot Woodworker Woodworking Agenda?

John Moody

Last day of February and that has to mean that Spring is just around the corner. Hopefully we can see a few buds to tell us the snow and cold weather is about over.

First Friday Arts & Crafts shows begin here next week so I have been pushing to get some inventory build back up from last year. Seems every year I have these great plans to be way ahead and something happens (knee surgery) gets in the way and slows me down. Oh well, we are getting there and should be in good shape by next Friday.

Five Medium cutting boards are in the clamps and will come out tomorrow and five small cutting boards will go into the clamps then.

ning-img-3091-4617-19.jpg

It seems like I have every flat surface and any where I can lean a clamp against something is covered up.

ning-img-3092-4617-20.jpg

I even have them sitting on the table saw right now and I hate to do that.

But we are getting there and that is what it takes.

Tuesday night while I was out getting these boards ready, Sarge the four month old lab decided to come to the shop with me. For a while he picked up every piece of wood on the floor and would bring it to me. Finally I think it just wore him out, but he decided to take a nap at me feet while I was cutting the strips for the cutting boards.

ning-sarge-4617-87.jpg

He usually doesn't care too much for the noise of the equipment but I think he just gave it up.

Still working on the Cherry Blanket Chest in between other things and got the TV shelf delivered to my friend. So a few things have left the shop which is always a good thing.

Tonight, Beth and I will be attending the Alabama Music Hall of Fame Induction Banquet. The Alabama Music Hall of Fame is located here but every year until this year, they held the banquet in another city. Finally it is coming home and several local musician are being honored along with the documentary on "Muscle Shoals" that was release last year and talks about the music heritage of this area and the impact it had on the music of the 60's and 70's.

So what about the rest of you Patriot Woodworkers, what is on your agenda this weekend? Are you building anything new, making jigs, arranging the shop, or still digging out of the snow? We love to hear about the projects your are working on and love to see the pictures that go along with the projects you are currently building.

So come on and share with us the project that have you making some sawdust in your shop.

I'll be watching to see who has projects going on in their shop so get those pictures posted!

John, you should change your moniker to "Chairman of the Boards". Good looking boards you got glued up, there. And, I can only wish my pups would settle long enough the sleep in the shop. They love to pick up stuff, not just wood either but, they don't bring it to me. They carry it out side.

Lew, that's going to be an awesome build. Yours gonna be red oak, too?

My job today is lining a few drawers for the jewelry chest I'm building, and install the pin/stud wings and this chest will be ready to send. Good riddance, too.This one seems to have thwarted, frustrated and annoyed me at every step. May have learned enough with this one that the next 3 will be easier. One can only hope.