December 27, 20241 yr Popular Post comment_348894 Friday again Folks! Off to a late and slow start this morning here "Two Weeks From Anywhere". Been trying to keep up to the Asplundh Tree Service guys moving and stacking the wood far enough (I hope) back from the road to keep the wood grabbers from grabbing it. These photos have a mix of Oak, Maple, and Spruce. These two piles are Mulberry. They'll be back Monday with what they call their backyard lift (Tracked Lift) due to the ground being to soft to handle the weight of their trucks to get the last Maple they'll be removing. It's the tree with the ribbon around it. Looks like I'll be busy with a friend's stump grinder come spring. So, while I spend the weekend trying to get moving better again, ... (I'm getting too to try keeping up to three guys cutting) What's on Your Weekend Agenda? Report
December 27, 20241 yr Popular Post comment_348897 With any luck I'll be going to get some wood chunks for turning and maybe bandsaw boxes tomorrow. hese are being sold as firewood, but I think my use is more fitting...at least if they are as nice as the photo shows. Not sure what else might be happening. Report
December 27, 20241 yr comment_348899 Still recovering from Christmas day. Gloomy, cold, rainy weather isn't helping my motivation much either. May load up all the recycling and make a trip later today. Haircut time tomorrow followed by a trip to Rural King and maybe Harbor Freight. Check over granddaughters car and replace both low beam headlight bulbs before she returns to campus Monday; batteries for her laptop are supposed to be here tomorrow. Church services Sunday. Ate the last donut from Monday's 8 pack; took a cup of hot cocoa to get it down. That'll be the last donut of 2024. Report
December 27, 20241 yr Author comment_348901 Forgot to mention the Oak tree ate a 36" chainsaw chain when they found a metal fence post imbedded in it. Must have been there since the tree was about 6" in diameter, it was about 30" in diameter when they took it down. Report
December 27, 20241 yr Popular Post comment_348907 Shaker oval boxes. Trying my hand, just got the first box out of the water and wrapped around the form. My first attempt is a No. 2 size box. Pics to come Report
December 28, 20241 yr Popular Post comment_348912 Trying to take it a bit easy thanks to a jacked up ring finger. I have trigger finger on my right ring finger and it needs rest, and non use. Most likely I’ll have to have a little minor surgery first of the year. On a positive note, I was able to snag a “deal” on 218 bf of walnut from my friends at Frank Miller Lumber. All for the paltry sum of $1200. Figures out to $5.50 a bf. My regular business price is just north of $7.50. Report
December 28, 20241 yr comment_348913 I have some offcuts from recent projects that are going to get turned into something useful. Segments for rings and dominos most likely. Report
December 28, 20241 yr comment_348914 Kinda slow here today. Did all the rest of the crew take the company jet for a tour, and left me out? Did a bit of dirt moving yesterday. Today put a small lumber rack on the tractor lean to and started on clearing the vine on the "creek" drainage. Did I say I was tired when I got home? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.