October 16, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_272926 Some here may remember that a couple years ago I made 28 offering plates of which 16 were acceptable size and the rest were gifted. Well I had some blanks that did not make the cut unless it was urgent. This is the best of those as I finally got back onto turning them. Report
October 17, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_272950 Looks like that just about fills up your lathe, going to be a nice one! Report
October 17, 20214 yr comment_272955 Keep us posted. More pictures as this progresses please. .40 Edited October 17, 20214 yr by forty_caliber Report
October 19, 20214 yr Author Popular Post comment_273061 Today got the front turned. Still thinking on doing some embellishments on the bottom. by the way we had our first fire of the season tonight. yes that is cutoffs. Report
October 27, 20214 yr comment_273528 Looks mighty fine, Gerald. I well remember all the trials you had with making offering plates that were acceptable. Is this from that pecan tree that fell and you helped to cut up a few years back? Report
October 28, 20214 yr Author comment_273600 On 10/27/2021 at 11:25 AM, FlGatorwood said: Looks mighty fine, Gerald. I well remember all the trials you had with making offering plates that were acceptable. Is this from that pecan tree that fell and you helped to cut up a few years back? Yes same tree Report
October 29, 20214 yr comment_273645 Sorry, @Gerald, somehow missed this one. That's some beautiful wood! like the wide rim. Maybe something like tis on the rim- Report
October 30, 20214 yr Author comment_273667 9 hours ago, lew said: Sorry, @Gerald, somehow missed this one. That's some beautiful wood! like the wide rim. Maybe something like tis on the rim- Yes had been looking for a rim treatment different than the colors I use on maple. Thanks Report
October 30, 20214 yr comment_273671 Wow, Gerald. Now you've gone and outdone yourself. That is awesome. Report
October 30, 20214 yr comment_273708 How do you think that texturing was accomplished ? Very interesting pattern to it. Paul Report
October 30, 20214 yr comment_273709 3 minutes ago, Masonsailor said: How do you think that texturing was accomplished ? Paul, It was done with a Sorby spiraling and texturing tool. Report
October 30, 20214 yr comment_273730 1 hour ago, Masonsailor said: Is that a bowl you turned Lew ? Paul The walnut one is one of mine. Report
October 31, 20214 yr comment_273779 Lew, I will take the credit that I gave to Gerald and give to you. That is one awesome piece of art. Report
October 31, 20214 yr comment_273780 Just now, FlGatorwood said: Lew, I will take the credit that I gave to Gerald and give to you. That is one awesome piece of art. That’s ok, Mimi said it looks like a collection plate Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.