February 24, 20215 yr Popular Post comment_258915 32 minutes ago, Gerald said: Never had a problem except one time I left a bowl on chuck. nasty Been there 1 time, that oops stuck with me, never again. Report
February 24, 20215 yr Popular Post comment_258917 the wood was coated in wax, the part still touching the face plate is still waxed. the rest has been trued up and the other face scraped down to remove the wax. Report
February 24, 20215 yr Popular Post comment_258921 Just now, DAB said: the wood was coated in wax, the part still touching the face plate is still waxed. the rest has been trued up and the other face scraped down to remove the wax. Good idea, my luck I could do all that and come back next week and find a pile of rust where my lathe was. Report
February 24, 20215 yr Popular Post comment_258926 1 hour ago, Gerald said: Only if you leave it on chuck. Never had a problem except one time I left a bowl on chuck. nasty His post says he is going to let it "sit and dry on the lathe" is why I mentioned it. Been there done that. Report
February 25, 20215 yr Popular Post comment_258969 12 hours ago, HandyDan said: His post says he is going to let it "sit and dry on the lathe" is why I mentioned it. Been there done that. Note to self: make a note of this to self....let the wood dry somewhere else. Report
February 25, 20215 yr Popular Post comment_258974 15 hours ago, Gunny said: Good idea, my luck I could do all that and come back next week and find a pile of rust where my lathe was. ...You mean I've been doing it backwards? ...I thought you were supposed to take a pile of rust and turn it into a (insert machine name here). Report
February 25, 20215 yr Popular Post comment_258978 13 minutes ago, Larry Buskirk said: ...You mean I've been doing it backwards? ...I thought you were supposed to take a pile of rust and turn it into a (insert machine name here). Get started. Report
February 25, 20215 yr Popular Post comment_258979 1 minute ago, Gunny said: Get started. ...So that's your lathe? Report
February 25, 20215 yr Popular Post comment_258995 1 hour ago, Larry Buskirk said: ...So that's your lathe? No, but I could use a bigger one. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.