September 19, 20206 yr Popular Post comment_242944 I love it when folks can get their hands on a brand spankin new Smith! I feel really happy for them and I just wanted to share here. Over at the FB Shopsmith Owners Group I belong too, Chad got himself a brand spankin new 7! Congrats Chad! If he has images of the unboxing I'll share them here too. Report
September 20, 20206 yr Author Popular Post comment_242961 Well looks like he got it out of the box! I bet @Artie can relate to the day this gent is having! Report
September 20, 20206 yr Popular Post comment_242988 I was overwhelmed, and overjoyed. Course I knew nothing bout woodworking either. Report
September 20, 20206 yr Popular Post comment_242990 Just now, Artie said: I was overwhelmed How I felt when I dared to go and look at the price of a new one. Beautiful machine though. Report
September 20, 20206 yr Popular Post comment_242991 Gunny, I bought a BUNCH of the accessories, and parts. Took up two parking spaces. The FedEx guy dropped, got out of Dodge, and I called a bunch of people I had done work for and enlisted their help to get it all in the basement. This was February. Things were in flux with a bathroom remodel, mortgage refinancing and a new HVAC system. I think the SS boxes were just piled up all across the basement for 18 months till I got to getting rid of a bunch of my stuff, and built the shop. Soon after the SS stuff arrived, the high school in the town I work for got a notice from the health inspector that they could no longer use the butcher block tables in the kitchen. I jumped on that, got a truck and hauled the two tops home. They also took up space until I built the shop. I had a dream, and it took some time to make it happen. Report
September 20, 20206 yr Popular Post comment_242992 31 minutes ago, Artie said: I had a dream, and it took some time to make it happen. I feel ya on the waiting to make it happen. Spent 3 years in Iraq coming up with ideas and some drawings. STILL working on all those things plus what I add weekly to my wish list of stuff to make. Report
September 20, 20206 yr Popular Post comment_243002 All you guys with experiences in setting up a shop wanna meet me in Marana, AZ next month? I'll have coffee and donuts! Report
September 20, 20206 yr Author Popular Post comment_243005 46 minutes ago, Gene Howe said: All you guys with experiences in setting up a shop wanna meet me in Marana, AZ next month? I'll have coffee and donuts! I don't know about setting up a shop, but eating donuts and drinking coffee, I got plenty experience in that! Report
September 20, 20206 yr comment_243065 16 hours ago, Gunny said: I feel ya on the waiting to make it happen. Spent 3 years in Iraq coming up with ideas and some drawings. STILL working on all those things plus what I add weekly to my wish list of stuff to make. But it’s fun, right? I’m thinking a shop is one of those things that’s never actually done, you keep upgrading, improving. Report
September 20, 20206 yr comment_243066 8 hours ago, Gene Howe said: All you guys with experiences in setting up a shop wanna meet me in Marana, AZ next month? I'll have coffee and donuts! I’d be there in a heartbeat if I could. Pictures of progress would be a nice second choice. Report
September 21, 20206 yr comment_243134 Well Gene I just got back last night from Casa Grande and have to go back next month again. I have a another desert excursion scheduled for Oct 7-12 but other than that it could work out. What dates are you thinking ? Paul Report
September 21, 20206 yr comment_243144 Paul, My request was made in Jest. But, Tanks for the offer. And, you are welcome to drop by at any time after 10/15. See my PM. Report
September 21, 20206 yr comment_243148 I figured but offering a Navy guy coffee and donuts well that’s just too hard to pass up 😎 Report
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.