April 29, 20206 yr Popular Post comment_226954 I have a Delta 34-182 tenoning jig that has just undergone a repair. Delta built the slide lock using plastic for the gear like device under the lever. If you have one you know how weak it is. I removed the locking lever and replaced it with a 38mm wide knurled knob. So much better. Report
April 29, 20206 yr comment_226957 In some ways the 34-182 was an improvement over the older 1170/72 34-172. The use of plastic wasn't one of the improvements, Nice Fix. You didn't want to ever drop one of the earlier ones on your toes. DAMHIKT They weigh 32 Lbs. Report
April 29, 20206 yr Author comment_226965 1 hour ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said: Where did you source the knob? McMaster Carr. It’s an M8-125. Knob cost me $4.21 and the shipping was $9.00 but it was worth it. Report
April 29, 20206 yr Popular Post comment_226966 8 minutes ago, Ron Dudelston said: McMaster Carr. It’s an M8-125. Knob cost me $4.21 and the shipping was $9.00 but it was worth it. Wow, on the shipping. Me I might have shopped for at least $30-40 of supplies to get more bang for my buck. BUT, I somehow doubt I would have stopped once I got started. Went on EWT website one night and made a $3000 wish list. All I need now is a the winning lottery ticket so I can pay for it. Report
April 29, 20206 yr comment_226974 I haven't used mine in a long time but I think they are plastic. Report
April 29, 20206 yr Author comment_226977 3 hours ago, Larry Buskirk said: Are the other two handles plastic also? Yes and no. I just replaced two of them with an aftermarket and they are steel. They only had two so I bought all they had. They don’t make an aftermarket larger lever, you know.....the one everyone breaks. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.