Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
MaDeuce

ER MA GERD!!! I'm... I mean IT'S too pretty!!

Rate this topic

KUDOS!!!

1 hour ago, MaDeuce said:

Two different mixes of epoxy resin (ER). The dark grey is ER with black metallic mica powder. The white is ER with white acrylic paint and silver metallic mica powder. Poured the dark, mixed the light and poured it in before combining them (stirring, swirling, etc.)

that came out sweet...

Nice now to go for other colors. Lille that crackle look 

Excellent!!!

4 hours ago, MaDeuce said:

Two different mixes of epoxy resin (ER). The dark grey is ER with black metallic mica powder. The white is ER with white acrylic paint and silver metallic mica powder. Poured the dark, mixed the light and poured it in before combining them (stirring, swirling, etc.)

Thanks, Doc. It looks really good! :Praise:

Very nice, Quite unique. Do you form the pattern or is this the random way the different colors react?

They seen too uniform to be random is why I ask.

Herb

Very cool Doc.  I do hope you will post up a pic of the completed table.

How deep is the epoxy on this piece?  Did you just rout out a shallow area for the riverbed and simply pour in and stir the two batches of epoxy?

1 hour ago, Cal said:

Did you just rout out a shallow area for the riverbed and simply pour in and stir the two batches of epoxy?

Don't know @Cal but the two boards appear to match each other. Like you though I'm curious how @MaDeuce kept everything in place for the epoxy pour.

Great looking piece.

Edited by DuckSoup

Beautiful table Doc. Thanks for sharing. Already been said, but we need pictures when done so indulge us please. I don't get out much.

On 3/23/2019 at 5:05 PM, MaDeuce said:

And yes... I'm having way too much fun with something that is WAY too expensive. 

Cheaper than going to Vegas and you don't have to leave it there.;)

That is awesome! I've looked longingly at several posts on resin-filled objects like that, and I'm jealous of your obvious skill.

Thanks for showing how you're working on such a great piece. Look forward to more pics as you complete it.

I don't have the room or the money to attempt such a thing, and at the moment I feel I'd need to do a lot more research just to get comfortable with the whole process.