March 5, 20197 yr comment_181046 you can make this yourself but this center finder is pretty cheap https://www.amazon.com/PEC-Round-Center-Finder-MODEL/dp/B00DHMTCRK Report
March 5, 20197 yr comment_181048 4 minutes ago, Cliff said: you can make this yourself but this center finder is pretty cheap https://www.amazon.com/PEC-Round-Center-Finder-MODEL/dp/B00DHMTCRK That's pretty cool! Report
March 13, 20197 yr comment_182231 On 2/16/2019 at 12:11 AM, Woodbutcherbynight said: I made this for doing what you are talking about but I use it for drilling holes in metal or plastic pipe. I like what you made WoodButch, and I may do the same or something similar. If I do, I'm going to turn it 90 depress on the table so the drill press column can't get in the way of the product to be drilled. Edited March 13, 20197 yr by CharlieL Report
March 14, 20197 yr comment_182396 I worked on the drill press jig today, I got the material cut up and drilled. It needs to be welded, sand blasted and painted yet. Edited March 14, 20197 yr by CharlieL Report
March 14, 20197 yr comment_182501 Progress, so far I'm happy. Thinking about painting it a gray, a color that won't show dust as much as black does. Edited March 14, 20197 yr by CharlieL Report
March 15, 20197 yr comment_182523 3 hours ago, CharlieL said: Progress, so far I'm happy. Thinking about painting it a gray, a color that won't show dust as much as black does. I put stick on sandpaper on the inside edges to hold better. Seems to work. Report
March 15, 20197 yr comment_182528 45 minutes ago, Woodbutcherbynight said: I put stick on sandpaper on the inside edges to hold better. Seems to work. I noticed that on the first group of pictures, nice job. Report
March 15, 20197 yr comment_182533 Didn't read all the responses, but the way I'd do this is to drill the hole first, then put the holes on lathe centers. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.