Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Looks like a mighty fine table design. Wish I had room for one. Right now I use 2 saw horses to support a 3' x 4' rectangle lazy susan type. The swivel allows for easy access while working from one location.

Edited by lew

Looking forward to following the build. Wish I had a shop to have something like this.

I remember when you stole, 'er won that bid for all that BB ply. Still no remorse I see.:lol:

When done will it be mobile?  One picture shows one mobile the other not.  Just curious, wondering if you had a preference.  Like Grandpadave I don't have the room but you never know might win the lottery.... If I ever bought a ticket.:Laughing:

Probably not mobile.   HD casters are real expensive.  Right now, I'm using "shop boxes" with a 3x5 piece of basketball court on the top.  Previously, I had an old "battleship" metal desk, that I did have raised up on casters.  It was too big to move so I disassembled and hauled the pieces to the scrap yard.  Oh, wait, I have casters,.... maybe.

21 hours ago, lew said:

Wish I had room for one.

20 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Wish I had a shop to have something like this.

20 hours ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

I don't have the room

Well, at least I'm in good company! :D

John

I made a simple table frame (from 1x3) 60"x24", with wheels (found set/4 at HD for $20).  Then I dropped a pocket door slab 80x30 on it, put little pcs wood on underside of slab to register it on frame.  When I need room, put top against the wall (have little hold down for it on wall), and frame standing up against it.  Worked well to collapse the space needed.

Then I gave a car away and am much happier now with a permanent "this is mine" space allocation in garage.

I made a sample table like my second photo for the furniture bank. (see other post for that) I like it and have decided to proceed (when I get the time).  I want to put a drop leaf on one end so it's shorter for smaller projects but I get the full 8' for larger ones that I seem to be making these days.  I'll use my bargain wine boxes for the drawers (draws) and have some nice close storage.   Now if I can only get the time to do something for myself.