Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
lew

Lathe measuring tips

Rate this topic

I think a center finding ruler would be the cat's meow attached to the lathe.  We as turners use double stick tape that should easily be tasked to hold a ruler to the lathe.  I don't like the idea of magnets around machines as Cliff previously stated.

image.png.482c06308e04131db29c2e79ab5b0190.png

Edited by HandyDan

13 hours ago, HandyDan said:

I think a center finding ruler would be the cat's meow attached to the lathe.  We as turners use double stick tape that should easily be tasked to hold a ruler to the lathe.  I don't like the idea of magnets around machines as Cliff previously stated.

image.png.482c06308e04131db29c2e79ab5b0190.png

Or, get one of those 3M sticky things that they advertise on TV from which you peel off a backing sheet, stick the double side foam to the back side of the lathe headstock, stick that little plastic hook  and hang the ruler.  Just saying.

you can always glue or drill  and tap  whatever  to get a hunk of wood  about an inch thick mounted to your lathe or whatever and then glue magnets to that.  that'd keep  'em off the machine and still let you magnetize all  your tools to your heart's content

I built a Degaussing  rig  precisely because magnetized tools was driving me crazy.