1 hour ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Looks great John. Nice addition. I'm still amazed how pristine your SS looks. I guess I'd missed you got the joiner attachment with it too.

Gramps, the original owner was telling me the truth, he stated he used it for a couple hours, and there it sat under cover since 2001.

In addition to the jointer, I drove down to San Diego yesterday to pick up a nearly brand new bandsaw for the Smitty I won on Ebay. Pictures to follow.

1 hour ago, Gene Howe said:

Lookin' good! 

Finally, squared away Gene! I was considering a cabinet underneath, but after your comments about that idea, and really thinking it out, it would have been more of a hindrance than an asset. Right now the machine is easy to move around, and the whole idea of downsizing my workspace as I have, was to not to have to move heavy things. When I had explored building the cabinet, I think I was hung up on how fun it would have been to build it, instead of how practical for my situation it would have been.

11 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

With the saw...not so much. 

I found out Gene, that the saw dust port is so direct, a DC may not even be needed, a bucket under the port (with hose connected and directed to the bucket) is about all that is needed. Do you have the plastic housing with dust port that encompasses the blade assembly?

1 minute ago, Dadio said:

Just wondering, Do you have enough head room to tilt for the drill press?

Herb

Good question Herb, I do! There is one beam in the garage that if I tried to tilt it up at the point, it would hit, but fortunately I have plenty of ceiling space without beams, just the one beam is all.

1 hour ago, John Morris said:

I found out Gene, that the saw dust port is so direct, a DC may not even be needed, a bucket under the port (with hose connected and directed to the bucket) is about all that is needed. Do you have the plastic housing with dust port that encompasses the blade assembly?

I did. Tossed it. Too much leakage. A lot...maybe half...of the dust comes off the top of the blade. A ZCI helps. I don't have the top guard, either.:( That Shark Guard is in consideration. 

6 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

I did. Tossed it. Too much leakage. A lot...maybe half...of the dust comes off the top of the blade. A ZCI helps. I don't have the top guard, either.:( That Shark Guard is in consideration. 

Hmm, I'll have to check mine again, seemed that when I used the TS, there was a spot on the garage floor of dust, where the dust was being directed too, I was thinking, sheesh, not too bad, if it directs it that precisely, perhaps I could just use a bucket. But then I only cut a few items, I had not used it all day long on a job. I did have the guard in place, so perhaps that helped. Really I have not used mine enough to come to in depth educated opinions, I am still enjoying the honeymoon. :lol: