Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Fred W. Hargis Jr -
Fred W. Hargis Jr -

Top Posters

OK, our get together is 2 weeks from today. I'm still hoping others will be able to fit this into their schedule and show, but right now I'm planning on 8+ attendees. So here's what I'm thinking:

We'll start around 10:00 AM or so. Most have a lengthy drive, so that time isn't precise....you'll get here when you get here.

I'm planning lunch around noon, I'll have to go get the food (a 20 minute trip) and bring it back. I'm still thinking fried chicken and a couple of sides. I'll also have water and soft drinks on hand.

Someone mentioned donuts, I can try to have some on hand in the morning. I think we'll also have some home made cookies around as well.

Coffee also came up. I'm not sure how to handle that. I don't have a large pot (mine is a 5 cup Mr. Coffee) so maybe I'll ask you to bring your own.

There id no agenda, other than Steven's demo of the Stanley 45 and other planes. (Steven, would 2' lengths in the demo boards be good?) This is mostly just a meet N greet and Jawbone. If some have to leave early due to the long trip, I understand. In any case we'll need to wrap up around 5:00 so I can get back to other duties around the house.

I'm looking forward to this, and meeting those can attend. If there needs to be some changes to the above let me know. I had asked about a swap and sell, no one seemed to have an interest in that...but if you have something to sell (and it's portable) bring it along.

Sounds awesome Fred, wish I could make it. I’ll have to see if Ron can FaceTime me in for a few minutes. 

Have fun and lock down your tools!

Hide the wood stash!

I wish you could be here as well John, would love to meet you. I didn't mention above, we still have some treats coming from the forums sponsors and Dan's donation of a plane that we can draw names out of a hat (or something). If Morris would gas up the company plane we could have some west coast folks here as well. For Allen (Worsham) I'm thinking his hiccup on sale of their house will keep him from attending, but for those who haven't committed and might be able to show up I'll have extra food on hand.

1 hour ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

Coffee also came up. I'm not sure how to handle that.

Fred, there is a DD just north of you, I can stop and pick up some coffee on my way in. They sell fresh brewed by the box .

That would be great. Will it stay hot?

Edited by Fred W. Hargis Jr

7 minutes ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

Will it stay hot?

Not a problem Fred, Comes with cups & condiments. I'll get one decaf & regular.

7 minutes ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

That would be great. Will it stay hot?

Now you’re getting picky.  If you need me to grab anything on the way over just give me a call.

Kinda sounds to me like there won't be any room in your car for anything else, Ron. rolling.gif

38 minutes ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

Kinda sounds to me like there won't be any room in your car for anything else, Ron. rolling.gif

I'm bring the Town and Country.  Got tons of room.

Looking forward to the day Fred.  Can't thank-you enough for coordinating and hosting this event. It will be a fun day. Hope the weather cooperates.

I would like to meet you also Fred, but I just got out of a major surgery, and I'm sure that your a long ways from North Dakota, plus I really can't afford a trip right now.

Any one of those is reason enough, Charlie. I'll count on you being here in spirit!