August 9, 20188 yr comment_156196 Moved this topic to Tools, Reviews, Research and Safety Forum Report
August 10, 20188 yr comment_156301 After reading all your comments I installed the splitter on my 40 year old Craftsman Contractor Table Saw. I've been using it all these years without the splitter/pawls without incident. I have used hold downs, feather boards, and home made gripper-rippers. Can't use the grippers any more unless I remove the splitter. I always found it interesting when the TV woodworking shows didn't have safety devices on the table saws and had a caption that said the safety devices had been removed for demonstration purposes.....or something to that effect. Report
August 10, 20188 yr comment_156314 2 hours ago, JIMMIEM said: I always found it interesting when the TV woodworking shows didn't have safety devices on the table saws and had a caption that said the safety devices had been removed for demonstration purposes.....or something to that effect. Then, I must be doing a lot of demos. Some might say demos on how NOT to do something. The last time I cut myself with a saw, it was with a Japanese Ryoba. They don't put splitters and guards on those saws. Even so, I've never had a kickback. Edited August 10, 20188 yr by Gene Howe Report
August 10, 20188 yr comment_156316 6 minutes ago, Gene Howe said: Then, I must be doing a lot of demos. Some might say demos on how NOT to do something. The last time I cut myself with a saw, it was with a Japanese Ryoba. They don't put splitters and guards on those saws. Even so, I've never had a kickback. I'm trying to envision how you cut yourself with the Japanese Ryoba. If you had had a 'kick back' wouldn't 'pull back' more a more descriptive term? Report
August 10, 20188 yr comment_156319 17 minutes ago, JIMMIEM said: I'm trying to envision how you cut yourself with the Japanese Ryoba. If you had had a 'kick back' wouldn't 'pull back' more a more descriptive term? You put the finger on the holding hand in line with the cut, not remembering how long is the Ryoba blade. I've never had a "pull back" issue either, unless you count my cut finger. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.