Fred W. Hargis Jr

Patriot WW'er gathering, final date choice (poll)

Rate this topic

Choosing a final date for the gathering.  

9 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Choose the dates you are most like;y able to attend, pick more than one if you want. 8/25 was a clear leader in the first poll.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/31/2018 at 03:40 PM

OK, there was one favorite day for a gathering, and I was reallly happy to see 11 members voted on the choices. However there was 4 dates that were close so i think maybe we can pick the best from these now. August 25 was the biggest vote getter, and the month of August in total led the choices. Now for some sweeteners to entice attendance:

Steven Neuman offered to do a small demonstration with a Stanley 45...

John  Morris will try to come up with some door prizes.

I will (if you want) have donuts upon arrival, along with getting a lunch/drinks/snacks/.

If anyone else has a small demo to do I'm sure we will be interested.

For those that might have missed the initial info: this will be mostly a meet/greet/jawbone affair for members at my shop. (Wapakoneta, OH). I anticipate the gathering to go from roughly 10:00 or so in the morning to maybe 5:00 or so that afternoon. As mentioned lunch will be provided. I realize any commitments will be tentative until we get closer to whatever the date is, but if you think you might be able to make it, please vote on the date in the poll. Again, I've made this multiple choice so you can pick more than one.

Please note the poll will close on 3/31!

Edited by Fred W. Hargis Jr

8/18 is a definite No for me. Other dates are open.   Weekend before a grandson's birthday and they generally have a party for him.  FWIW, he and I share a birthday.

I'd say from the look of things 8/25 is looking to be the date, but there is still time for voting. I forgot to mention above if folks want to bring things to swap/sell/whatever we can set up a place for that as well.

The only date I know is out for sure for me is 8/11. 90th wedding anniversary. :rolleyes:

The other 3 dates might present some conflicts with school starting and football practices but I'm counting on the oldest grand-daughter to be a licensed driver by then. Knowing this much in advance allows to plan accordingly.

Thanks Fred for the idea, the coordination and especially the willingness to host. Extremely gracious on your part!

Let me know how I can assist in any fashion.

7 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

The only date I know is out for sure for me is 8/11. 90th wedding anniversary. :rolleyes:

The other 3 dates might present some conflicts with school starting and football practices but I'm counting on the oldest grand-daughter to be a licensed driver by then. Knowing this much in advance allows to plan accordingly.

Thanks Fred for the idea, the coordination and especially the willingness to host. Extremely gracious on your part!

Let me know how I can assist in any fashion.

90. Well I guess that makes you the oldest present:D

13 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Well, technically no...90= 45 for her; 45 for me:lol:

In that case I got u beat 96 in June.:P

I wondered about that, but am so far removed from school schedules I'm fairly clueless as to the the impact.

Poll closes tomorrow (automatically, I think), and with Easter being the weekend most of us will be fairly busy.  Please be sure to vote if there's any chance at all you can attend.

Edited by Fred W. Hargis Jr

voted

On 3/26/2018 at 6:59 AM, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

I wondered about that, but am so far removed from school schedules I'm fairly clueless as to the the impact.

Regardless of the final date Fred, there likely will be a conflict for someone. Knowing this far in advance I can make plans to work around those conflicts barring any last minute unforeseen events. Thanks.