September 19, 20179 yr comment_125100 Sure wished I lived closer! Pace yourself please! Edited September 19, 20179 yr by Grandpadave52 Report
September 19, 20179 yr Author comment_125101 Thanks Dave. I could have asked for help, but I always feel like I'm imposing if I do so. My wife said I'm trying to kill myself. Not so, I'm just trying to keep moving. Report
September 19, 20179 yr comment_125178 12 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said: Sure wished I lived closer! Sure glad I don't! John Report
September 19, 20179 yr comment_125180 6 minutes ago, HARO50 said: Sure glad I don't! John wadda guy... Report
September 19, 20179 yr comment_125182 10 minutes ago, Stick486 said: wadda guy... Bad back. I'd help, and spend the next week regretting it! John Report
September 20, 20179 yr Author comment_125259 9 hours ago, HARO50 said: Bad back. I'd help, and spend the next week regretting it! John Sorry about the bad back John. Started sheet rocking today.Things seem to be moving along pretty well. Report
September 21, 20179 yr Author Popular Post comment_125323 I've gotten the sheet rock up from one end to the entrance door.. Still have two full size sheets and pieces above and below double windows to put up beyond the door. Got tires of putting it up so I decided apply the first coat of joint compound on what I have done. Report
September 21, 20179 yr comment_125324 Wow Al, you're moving right along. Looking really good so far too. Just as well working indoors too...sounds like you all may be in for a couple of days of rough weather by the weekend. Report
September 23, 20179 yr Author comment_125637 I've slowed a bit on the sheetrocking . All the seams and screw holes have been compounded 3 times and sanded with the exception of one corner that needs sanding. Since the wall extends into two rooms, I think I'll finish this room including the primer paint, window moldings and electrical before I move on into the next room. I'm replacing all the brown outlets and switches with off white colored. The project is really brightening the room after years with the dark paneling. Report
September 23, 20179 yr comment_125640 Wow Al, you've been moving right along. Glad all is going well on the project. Report
September 23, 20179 yr comment_125658 I think that masking along the ceiling wasthe hardest part of priming /painting, for me. I am terrible at trying to cut in with a brush. After that was done it was a breeze rolling on the rest with a long handled roller. Herb Report
September 23, 20179 yr Author comment_125778 I changed the electrical outlets and switches today. Think I'll leave them loose until the primer painting is done. Then I'll install the extenders and fixtures. Herb, I plan to put a small molding at the ceiling, so I wont have to be that careful about cutting in, at least not until it comes time to paint the molding. I might do that before installing it. Priming may be done tomorrow unless the boss has other plans for me. Report
September 24, 20179 yr comment_125809 Good plan,Al, Painting the molding is the way to go, then you only have a little touch up to do later. Herb Report
October 2, 20179 yr Author comment_126736 I finally installed the rest of the sheet rock today. What I had shown in the photos is now finished with the painting and all the electrical work is finished. Now it's time to finish the woodwork around the windows etc, and finish up the seams and screw holes on the latest installations.No time to watch football today, but I did catch the last 20 laps of the Nascar race. It was fun watching my #1 driver "Kyle Bush" closing in on the leader and finally winning it in the last lap. Edited October 2, 20179 yr by It Was Al B Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.