March 29, 20179 yr comment_104289 These tow identical pieces came with my DeWalt table saw.( 95% sure) They are 11 inches long and two and five eights wide by one sixteenths thick. . They are bendable plastic and appear to be an alignment tool of sorts. I've been thru the manual several times and can not find a reference or picture. I'm certain one of you will know, or I hope you do. Its bugging me Report
March 29, 20179 yr comment_104295 They are for router table out feed fence for jointing... you just just stuck them in the wrong place. Report
March 29, 20179 yr comment_104301 I have seen shims like that used on car door hinges back when they were bolted on. Report
March 30, 20179 yr comment_104306 Being plastic, they're likely not for a moving part. Judging from the different size of the "legs", like Kelly, I'm gonna guess they're to shim the table insert. Report
March 30, 20179 yr comment_104326 I think Nick has the right answer. I use them on my router table fence but I made them. Just a mistake they got packed with the table saw. Report
March 30, 20179 yr comment_104367 Here's what happened, Ron... A loyal Bosch fan heard you were buying a Dewalt...so they snuck into the Dewalt factory and stuck in a couple of Bosch router table parts in your box... Yup...bet that's what happened...now all we have to do is wait for the confession... Report
March 30, 20179 yr comment_104371 38 minutes ago, Nickp said: Yup...bet that's what happened...now all we have to do is wait for the confession... you just did... Report
March 30, 20179 yr comment_104389 @Ron Altier...take a look at this Link from DeWalts Service Site. Not sure of your specific model (this link is for the 744), but suspect it's the same/similar for all DW table saws. Anyways, it appears the shims you show are used to align the blade guard/ splitter to the center of the saw kerf if needed; Figure 10, Item 1. Maybe you didn't need them or maybe you don't have the blade guard/splitter installed??? Hope this helps solve the "mystery" although Nick's conspiracy theory is much more entertaining and will make a better movie! Report
March 30, 20179 yr Popular Post comment_104392 7 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said: Hope this helps solve the "mystery" although Nick's conspiracy theory is much more entertaining and will make a better movie! Who doesn't like a good conspiracy theory?? Report
March 30, 20179 yr Author comment_104393 Thanks. Looks like the mystery is solved!! The blade guard/splitter wasn't installed, but was properly set us. All you do is pull a lever under the left side of the table and you can install/remove in in seconds. A great feature. Report
March 30, 20179 yr comment_104415 they are for measuring the thickness of potato slices before frying. Report
March 30, 20179 yr comment_104419 10 minutes ago, Cliff said: they are for measuring the thickness of potato slices before frying. But the potatoes make one HE** of a mess when you run them through the saw! John Edited March 30, 20179 yr by HARO50 Report
March 30, 20179 yr comment_104424 15 minutes ago, Dadio said: There is no end to the humor on this site. Herb Hey, that's why I'm here every day. Love a person with a sense of humour! John Report
March 30, 20179 yr comment_104435 3 hours ago, Chips N Dust said: Who doesn't like a good conspiracy theory?? with a group of world class conspirators such as here.... you sure theories are even needed... Report
March 30, 20179 yr comment_104439 Nope...I'm going with the midnite clandestine operation to confuse and befuddle Ron into thinking he has extra parts. As I theorize, the next covert op will be to take a part away and hang it on the bandsaw. Then the bandsaw will have the extra part. No sooner than we solve that next mystery, we'll need to solve the missing part...see where this is going...? this could turn into a first class TV series...like "Taken"...yeah, that's the ticket... Report
March 31, 20179 yr comment_104467 4 hours ago, Nickp said: Nope...I'm going with the midnite clandestine operation to confuse and befuddle Ron into thinking he has extra parts. As I theorize, the next covert op will be to take a part away and hang it on the bandsaw. Then the bandsaw will have the extra part. No sooner than we solve that next mystery, we'll need to solve the missing part...see where this is going...? this could turn into a first class TV series...like "Taken"...yeah, that's the ticket... Just shaking my head Report
March 31, 20179 yr comment_104482 5 hours ago, Dadio said: Just shaking my head please don't loosen anything up... Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.