February 17, 20179 yr Author comment_98510 Ducksoup, those are very nice registers indeed. While we are on the subject I feel that I owe you all an apology for I miss informed you this morning by accident for I called the joints saddle joints. Report
February 17, 20179 yr comment_98513 3 hours ago, DuckSoup said: That looks good Ralph. I made similar ones for my cold air returns. Used a 1/2" dado blade & then cut the boards to 1/2" wide strips for the half lap joints. Scroll cut the rose pattern to match the stain glass windows we have & to allow a little more air to flow. Wow very nice Bob and quite appropriate with the wide baseboard and wood floors...Scrolled rose a very nice touch indeed...Bet that stained glass window is something too. Report
February 17, 20179 yr comment_98514 1 hour ago, Ralph Allen Jones said: While we are on the subject I feel that I owe you all an apology for I miss informed you this morning by accident for I called the joints saddle joints. No harm no foul Ralph...still really like what you did...Dad always told me "anyone that doesn't make a mistake can't be doing anything anyway..." Apparently why I've always been busy all my life then... Report
February 17, 20179 yr Popular Post comment_98519 the register looks really good ralph, but i think this is a saddle joint...... Report
February 18, 20179 yr comment_98676 17 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said: Wow very nice Bob and quite appropriate with the wide baseboard and wood floors...Scrolled rose a very nice touch indeed...Bet that stained glass window is something too. Thanks guys. We are the second owners of a home that was built in 1938. None of the interior wood has ever been painted, 6" base & 4" casing, hardwood flooring though out including the attic. We have 2 matching stain glass 20 * 36 and one in the front 14" * 72". Report
February 18, 20179 yr comment_98728 Now that's what I'm talking about! Talk about character and craftsmanship...what a piece of history you have there Bob...beautiful! Thanks for taking time to share... Report
February 19, 20179 yr comment_98807 On 2/17/2017 at 6:06 PM, p_toad said: the register looks really good ralph, but i think this is a saddle joint...... That's an Aussie saddle joint! John Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.